[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Poll: Should This Forum Ban Political Talk and Stick to the Gospel?  (Read 1109 times)

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
It's easy to see the Christians in this forum who have honor, integrity and a conscience. Reformer, Tony Warren, Trevor, Peng Bao, Melanie, Erik, Rich Aikers, Kenneth White, Reforme Baptis, Pearson,  and a host of others that slip my mind at the moment. These Christians obviously take God's word and love seriously. Normally they post scriptures and explain the Bible, rather than constantly moan about politics, taxes, race and so-called liberals. Their eyes are on Christ rather than the world and they are the reason I still log on to read this forum even though it has lately become bigoted. I don't come her to hear how bad Trump is or how much of a saint he is to fight the liberals, I come to learn and be edified by the explanations of the gospel.  I just wish the administrator would ban all of the political flunkies and hacks so we can concentrate on bible study. These people add nothing to the forum but turmoil and their antagonism and acrimony is disturbing to the rest of us who truly are Christians, and who truly hunger for righteousness rather than politics.

I think I'm not alone, so I have started a poll to try and gage and assess the sentiment on this issue. Please take the time to vote so I can get a good idea of our collective opinion. The poll is at the top of this message or thread.

Bruce

• Faith Overcomes All
Re: Poll: Should This Forum Ban Political Talk and Stick to the Gospel?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:10:17 PM »

Well, if we just get rid of Fred, Philly Dawg, John and Bram, the forum would not have all the problems. Cut loose 4 for the sake of the many.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 12:47:31 AM »
 :ditto:

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 01:43:34 PM »
I can't stand Trump and his lies and childish antics, but I'm all for Back to the Bible. Sure, why not. Ban it.

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »

It annoys me when people split the vote. Vote yes or no, not maybe. Make a decision. Don't be politically correct or try and have it both ways.

aquatic

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 12:29:27 AM »
No one makes you click on threads. Try ignoring it.

Chris

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 10:28:36 AM »

I wanted to select all 3 options. Because 1., I  think people do have the right to talk about what they want, but 2., Yes, I am sick of the bickering at the expense of the gospel, and also 3., maybe it should be banned if the uncivil behavior of users keeps up.  I don't think I'm indecisive, just pragmatic.

Robert Powell

• "fruit of the righteous, a tree of Life" Pr 11:30
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 01:53:51 PM »
 :GoodPopst: I hear where you are coming from, but I voted number 2 because there comes a point when it's just noise, and a beneifit to no one. Freedom of speech only goes so far.

Anne

• Grow With God
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2017, 03:58:14 AM »
What? Is Admin on vacation?

bram

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2017, 12:15:54 PM »

Well, if we just get rid of Fred, Philly Dawg, John and Bram, the forum would not have all the problems. Cut loose 4 for the sake of the many.

:Goodpoint: :iagree:

For we have found this man a pestilent fellow!  No world flight for me.
trust in de Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding

Soldier

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2017, 12:44:58 PM »

I liked having to be able to discus all issues. It's a shame that a few nuckleheads spoil it for the many. I would rather the 4 people be banned, than a ban on any subject.

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 08:37:34 AM »

I liked having to be able to discus all issues. It's a shame that a few nuckleheads spoil it for the many. I would rather the 4 people be banned, than a ban on any subject.

From the poll results thus far, a lot of people were sick of the bickering at the expense of the gospel. And with these few contemptuous and arrogant souls suspended, the forum is already 100 times more peaceful, Christ centered and edifying. You can really tell who actually loves the Lord, and who are self-serving political zealots and agitators who serve either one group or another, rather than our Lord. I for one am delighted by the action of the admin.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 01:10:35 PM »
I am glad to see that Tony Warren (or his admin) has finally decided to do something about these  "political zealots" whom I have warned before that their statements were not glorifying God and was not profitable for this site to discussion.  The political discussion can really divide Christian community that should not belong here, even under our "open discussion." I saw far too many typical bickerings and insultings. This could turn off many of our long term members.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Tim Norton

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2017, 06:49:47 PM »

Yup!  :cLaPpInGg:

Reggie Matthews

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2017, 07:32:31 PM »
I am glad to see that Tony Warren (or his admin) has finally decided to do something about these  "political zealots"

And racists. It seems they picked the correct ones, because the forum is doing much better and talk is about Christian things, without them dragging everyone to the depths of their anger issues, biases and political dishonesty. Well done. ]ThUmBsUp[
"Where the word of a king is, there is power: and who may say unto him, What doest thou?" -Ecclesiastes 8:4

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]