[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Top 20 Most Frequently Asked Bible Questions  (Read 226 times)

Travis

• Greetings
Top 20 Most Frequently Asked Bible Questions
« on: April 13, 2017, 07:56:57 AM »

Are these all good answers?

https://www.gotquestions.org/top20.html

aquatic

Re: Top 20 Most Frequently Asked Bible Questions
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 04:38:38 PM »
Hey Travis,

Most if not all of those questions are answered here on the sidebar under F.A.Q.
Ultimately, you have to use Scripture to find the truth. Not what someone says.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 07:43:34 PM »

Are these all good answers?

https://www.gotquestions.org/top20.html

I would say that overall, those answers are Biblical. That is to say, soundly based on the Scriptures for the most part. The only ones that I would have reservations about are the three questions "What does the Bible say about divorce and remarriage?" "Do pets / animals go to Heaven?" and "What does the Bible say about tattoos / body piercings?"  Particulary the answer about divorce seems to leave an opening for divorce for many reasons that I do not see as justified from Scripture. I think it gives Christians the idea divorce is acceptable, even though he does say God hates divorce. I find that idea contradictory. That's like saying, God hates Homosexuality, but it's permissible in some instances if you're lonely. If you find that statement egregious, then the other is egregious also. Divorce and remarriage is the biggest fall from sound church doctrine of all the fails. We went from practically no divorce to over 50+ percent divorce and remarriage rate among Christians almost overnight.

Chloe

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 11:23:43 AM »
I think it gives Christians the idea divorce is acceptable, even though he does say God hates divorce. I find that idea contradictory. That's like saying, God hates Homosexuality, but it's permissible in some instances if you're lonely.

I agree. We can't name one thing that God says that he hates, that he permits? We can't do that because it is contradictory. But Christians are so set on divorce that they ignore anything that contradicts what they want to be true.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]