[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Donald Trump Already the Worst President in US History?  (Read 3742 times)

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
Re: Is Donald Trump Already the Worst President in US History?
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 11:05:49 AM »
This may sound stupid after all this time of his campaigning, but is Donald Trump a Christian? Has he ever professed to be a Christian?

He's a professing Christian, but not a Catholic. Even though 53 percent of Catholics ended up voting for him because of the abortion issue. So if he's not Catholic, he's not Christian. Neither are those who idolize his worship of money and himself.

[/enter]

Wayne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 07:50:50 AM »
You can't make that judgment until after he's actually in office a term.

Russell Lloyd

• Always Learning
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 10:47:30 PM »
Is Donald Trump Already the Worst President in US History?

What do you think?

Maybe, Let's wait and see!

Gerry

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 02:28:04 PM »

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 08:49:51 AM »
[/enter]

The only thing I agree with Catholics on.   :)

Admin

• Administrator
  • Me Boss, You Not!
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »
Aquatic, When you're moderator, you can close it.

Charles

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2017, 07:29:40 AM »
I'm having a hard time believing that Trump was God ordained. How do those of you who are Reformed and believe in that doctrine of divine ordination explain this? Did God put Trump i office? Did he put obama there? Was Hitler God ordained? Maybe I'm missing something about this.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2017, 09:20:28 AM »
All Presidents, Kings or leaders of countries were God ordained.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2017, 03:06:29 PM »
I'm having a hard time believing that Trump was God ordained. How do those of you who are Reformed and believe in that doctrine of divine ordination explain this? Did God put Trump i office? Did he put obama there? Was Hitler God ordained? Maybe I'm missing something about this.

Charles,
  Those who don't believe in predestination miss a lot about God (not saying you do). Mainly that He is actually "Sovereign!" Not just in word, but in actual practice. That means that he is the supreme ruler, having ultimate power, knowledge and control. He can and will do and allow anything he wants, and that includes not allowing Hitler or anyone else to come to power if that would not be in some way related to his purposes. Being "God ordained" does not mean being "God approved." God does not approve of sin or Satanic men, but he allows sin and sinful men to exist to his glory. Ordained means God decreed. In other words (using your analogy), God could have prevented Hitler from coming to power and disallowed his rule, but He didn't So he allowed or decreed that it happen for his own sovereign purposes by not stopping it. Just as he doesn't stop the sin in this world by most people and uses it to his glory. Just to be clear, he didn't make Hitler do evil or make him a genocidal maniac (as some claim), he allowed Hitler to reign and be the monster. As an example, God allowed Pilate to sin by sending him to be crucified, and that means it was God ordained or God decreed.

Joh 19:10
Then saith Pilate unto him, Speakest thou not unto me? knowest thou not that I have power to crucify thee, and have power to release thee?
11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

God ordained that Pilate come to power for this purpose. It is the same with any sitting President, no matter if they are Democrat or Republican. When it was Clinton, Bush, Obama or Trump, they were all ordained of God to be President. They all would have no power to be in that position, or to do anything, except God ordained it. They all came to that office because of the Sovereign will of God that allowed it. God is wiser than we are, so though we may not like George Bush, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama or Donald Trump, they were and are all God ordained leaders of this country. He set them up and he'll take them all down.

Da 2:20
Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:
21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

The end of all this is that God is omniscient and wiser than we are. I'm sure no real Christian would argue that God "could not have" prevented any of these men from being elected. So by logical reasoning we must conclude that by God sovereignly allowing it, he actually ordained or decreed it. It was his will that Bob Dole not win in 1996, Al Gore not win in 2000, John McCain not win win 2008, Mitt Romney not win in 2012 and Hilary Clinton not win in 2016. We can argue about their politics all we want, and we can think Obama or Trump are incompetent, but it is God who puts up rulers and who takes rulers down.

We can simplify this whole issue and just put it this way.
 "If it was God's will that Gore, Mitt, McCain or Hillary be President, God being all powerful, they certainly would have become President. Because God is Sovereign. Thus it was God ordained that they not be President".

Live with it. As as we say, Thy will be done.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2017, 03:12:50 PM »
 :GoodPopst:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2017, 03:18:02 PM »
Aquatic, When you're moderator, you can close it.

I agree with this policy and hope it doesn't change. Whether we disagree with other Christians or their politics or not, we should have a place to express our thoughts as long as we don't attack the other posters.

I've had my posts deleted and thrown out of two "Reformed" forums for posting doctrines that the people there didn't agree with. Sound Biblical Doctrines. So I hope this forum doesn't become dictatorial, intolerant and narrow-minded like others where you aren't allowed to say anything different, controversial or disagree with the majority line without being accused of stirring up trouble. I've been down that path and this one is better. Warts and all.

Tra Millwood

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2017, 04:55:15 PM »
Agree with you on both posts Reformer!

Rich Aikers

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2017, 09:30:36 PM »

Charles,
  Those who don't believe in predestination miss a lot about God (not saying you do). Mainly that He is actually "Sovereign!" Not just in word, but in actual practice. That means that he is the supreme ruler, having ultimate power, knowledge and control. He can and will do and allow anything he wants, and that includes not allowing Hitler or anyone else to come to power if that would not be in some way related to his purposes. Being "God ordained" does not mean being "God approved." God does not approve of sin or Satanic men, but he allows sin and sinful men to exist to his glory.

:God:Bl-U: Beautiful and excellent answer Reformer!

Admin

• Administrator
  • Me Boss, You Not!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2017, 01:59:22 PM »
No problem Admin

Obviously, not true!

But I guess not even my opinion is allowed here. My post was deleted.

Obviously! As also this one will, since it is once again off topic. Let me say this again, it's not your job to moderate this forum, nor to attempt to dictate valid political questions, discussions, polls, or who can and who cannot start what you think is a baited or controversial topic. That's my job. If you had a problem with the way I moderate or with a particular thread, topic or post, that's what the "Report Post" button is for.

Great job" moderating".  But youre in charge....

Try to swallow your pride and not forget that.  If you want to join the discussion, join it. If not, ignore it or even mark it as a thread not to be shown to you. That's what that option is for also, to not show you threads or read posts from people you don't want to.

Anyway the point was to show how ridiculous this thread is.

We know your point, we've read it before. Clearly you are intolerant of certain views and wish to silence them. On the other hand, my job is not to silence views I don't agree with, but to moderate in making sure people follow rules, the posts stay on topic, they don't get personal and that others don't attempt highjack the thread with adhominem and insinuated attacks on the people who start them. If you think this is a stupid thread, keep that to yourself.

Its the same as saying Trump is the greatest President ever.

He hasn't even been inaugurated yet. 

We got it, we got it.  It's a stupid question because you say so. You're a member of the stupid question police I suppose. Not here. Again, if you have such disdain for the question, why even post in the thread? Why even read it? See the Rules Tony wrote and posted for the forum, which states on any topic (particularly politics and religion), "If You Can't Stand The heat, Stay Out Of The Kitchen!" Sound advice! Others have taken it, you should to.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2017, 04:07:05 PM »
And Trump doesn't have to be inaugurated for anyone to already know he's a bad President. He has history and a clear track record. Now whether he's the worst ever or not I think is debatable. But it's my opinion that he proves he's bad almost every day. What with his cozy relationship with Putin, immature tweets, ignorance of international affairs, contempt for the FBI and CIA, Nepotism, money lust, na´ve appointments, contradictory promises, childish and ignorant responses to events and comments, etc., etc.,  he's already a classless and bad president. You don't actually have to stand there and feel an approaching tornado to know it's going to be bad. Some things, and people are obvious.

On a better note, GREAT post Reformer!

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]