[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Decline of Christianity  (Read 5163 times)

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
Re: The Decline of Christianity
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2017, 05:31:50 PM »
The church is not in as much decline as some would he you believe.
http://www1.cbn.com/how-christianity-growing-around-world

They're vastly overestimating and including false churches. In 2007, largely half of all Protestants (51%) identified as evangelical, whereas today, roughly 65 percent of all Protestants identify as evangelicals. That doesn't mean the church is growing, that means the church is declining and falling away. My teacher use to say, figures lie and liars figure, and he was right.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2017, 07:40:16 AM »
>>>
I had to laugh when I read that, because there are so many times in my witnessing that what I'm saying actually goes right over the head of who I am saying it to. They hear it on a physical ear level, but they just don't hear it.
<<<

This is typical of Christians who are snared in false gospels or brainwashed by some particular teacher's doctrine. In simple terms, they just don't want to hear the truth, and so any Scripture that you provide will become just words to them. They don't actually put it together that this is God talking and not you giving an opinion. And that is how they justify themselves not accepting it. They'll even say, "that's your opinion," when you've just repeated word for word what is written. Ears that can't hear and eyes that can't see is nothing new among God's people. It's not a new phenomenon. You can witness to them, you can warn them, you can quote God's word to them and they will not "really" hear it. Apparently they are of the same generation that has done this for ages.

Jeremiah 6:10
  • "To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it."

It's not in our power to make anyone open their ears and receive God's word. That ability to actually hear is through God's power alone, our work is merely to witness to them. If they will hear, give glory to God, but if not, God's will be done.

>>>
Thanks so much for your insights. Do you suppose they'll come a time when there aren't anymore Christians?
<<<

A time where there aren't anymore Christians on earth? No, there will always be Christians on this earth right up until the day of the Lord's second coming when they meet Him in the air. Will there come a time when there are no more "faithful" Christians in the church? I do believe so, based on what I read in Scripture. There will be lots of churches, but not Christ centered or Christ filled churches. There will be a remnant of faithful people outside of the local congregations, but apostasy will fill the corporate church where the individual faithful saints will have to come out from among them because of the abominations therein. Just as the remnant of Israel (The Apostles Paul, Peter, John, Etc.) had to come out from among the synagogues and assemble elsewhere. Their trust was not in their traditional corporate congregations, they put their trust in the Lord and came out from among them. When God's faithful people see abominations, they are to flee to the mountain retreat, which is the spiritual Kingdom refuge or sanctuary of the Lord. It is the only safety from the desolations that the abominations have brought.

The point is, we are not married to a corporate church as some suppose, we are the church, the bride, married to Christ. There is a difference. When the corporate congregation falls, we better not be within it as that makes us partaker with her in her sins.

Psalms 11:1-2
  • "In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?
  • For, lo, the wicked bend their bow, they make ready their arrow upon the string, that they may privily shoot at the upright in heart."

Indeed, it is not the physical mountains where we will find safety, but the ground of God's supreme kingdom, the only mountain where we are assured of a watchful care over His people. As the old hymn said, "flee as a bird to your mountain, thou who art weary of sin." When the wicked in their abominations bend their bows and ready their arrow upon the string, that they may secretly shoot at the upright in heart, this is the only refuge from their judgment of desolation. How say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain? Because there is no other safe haven than the Lord's Holy Mountain. In truth, Oh Lord, Thou art my hiding place, when abomination stands in the holy place.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2017, 08:05:12 AM »
>>>
The church is not in as much decline as some would he you believe.
<<<

No one has to have anyone believe a thing, all one has to do is open their eyes and open their ears and see and hear for themselves the state of the church. Does it reveal that the church is growing better than ever, or does it reveal that the church is growing worse and worse as every year passes. Has it become more faithful to the word of God, or has it become less faithful? Has Ministers continued to preach the unadulterated word of God, or have they fallen away from the precepts that Christ has established to disobedience and rationalization? Is the first work evangelism, or is it self-gratification, agenda, possessions and pride. Is our first love the affairs of the kingdom, or the affairs of state. Is the fruit of the church obedience in keeping (guarding from loss) the word of God, or is it the spirit of disobedience in rationalizing it away. There is all types of decline, and all types of growth. Not all who say "Lord, Lord," are true Christians, as Christ said that it is only those who hear what He commands and does it are truly saved. No one wants to hear that every professed Christian is not a Christian, but that is a fact that Christ Himself declared.

Luke 6:44-46
  • "For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.
  • A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.
  • And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"

Many will call Christ Lord and by this profession acknowledge His rule and authority, but they will not obey His commands, and are thus (by His own admission) in reality, none of His. It doesn't matter that they take the moniker of Christian, by their fruits or works you shall know the are or are not. Likewise, by the decline of good fruits or works in the church, the decline is obvious. Which is why Christ says, by their fruits you shall know them. It's not said in vain, but that you might know ho you are assembling with.

>>>
http://www1.cbn.com/how-christianity-growing-around-world
<<<

These estimates of Christians (360+ million in Africa, etc.,) are false and meaningless estimates--meaning they include anyone who takes the moniker Christian, whether they actually believe or not. By that criteria, national Israel is still God's chosen people, the Roman catholic church is God blessed and America is a Christian nation (about 71 percent of American adults identifying as Christians), none of which is true. Tue Christianity is a remnant, a small number of the whole. This lie is all a facade, a principle "front" or outward appearance that is maintained to conceal the truth of a desolate reality.

Revelation 17:4
  • "And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"

Like Babylon, the unfaithful church has a facade, an outward appearance of precious jewels and a treasurable appearance of righteousness, but within her (which is all that counts) is uncleaness, abominations and rebellion. She is not the faithful city anymore, but a people that are not the holy city anymore. These people who are looking to put a good face on a bad situation always go to other third world countries (Africa, South America, etc.) to declare that Christianity is growing by leaps and bounds, because they know no one will buy the bill of goods they are selling about the church otherwise. Better to go where you can't see with your own eyes the degradation, unfaithfulness and spiritual fornication in far off places. The decline of Christianity is real, the tales of its exponential growth is not. The lie is just another sign of the times.

Matthew 24:23-24
  • "Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
  • For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
  • Behold, I have told you before."

Don't believe it! Christ is not declining in England and the U.S. and growing in Africa and South America, the church grows or declines together. And the closer we are to the coming of Christ, the more the church universal will decline. And the more the false teachers will say, Peace, Peace, when there is no Peace.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2017, 09:00:15 AM »
>>>
The question shouldn't be if Christianity is declining, but why is Christianity declining?
<<<

:Goodpoint:  :BibleRead:  :iagree:

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

ZeroCool

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2017, 09:15:49 AM »

The question shouldn't be if Christianity is declining, but why is Christianity declining?

So why "is" Christianity declining?

R. Anspach

• No condemnation for those who are in Christ
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2017, 11:27:47 AM »

Parents have lost that sense of responsibility.

Proverbs 22:6
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

There is no training of children to continue the ways of the fathers, we have fallen into the trap of modern child rearing, which is threefold. Number one, spare the rod, and number two, spoil the child, and number three, don't train a child because that's for dogs. The children have no interest in Christianity because the parents didn't instill any respect for it, responsibility, their elders or the Bible.
"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." Galatians 3:11

HollyLeigh

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2017, 10:31:05 AM »
 :amen:

Chloe

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #97 on: June 19, 2017, 04:52:54 PM »

Parents have lost that sense of responsibility.

Proverbs 22:6
"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

There is no training of children to continue the ways of the fathers, we have fallen into the trap of modern child rearing, which is threefold. Number one, spare the rod, and number two, spoil the child, and number three, don't train a child because that's for dogs. The children have no interest in Christianity because the parents didn't instill any respect for it, responsibility, their elders or the Bible.

:Goodpoint: People ask me, what's wrong with the children of today, and my reply is always, "Parents!"  That scripture you quoted is true, but you always hear Christians respond to it as if it won't work. That's the problem. Christians don't believe God's word anymore. They always respond, that's not always true. Well of course it's not always true, it's a general principle that rather than obey, they listen to the advice of talk show hosts.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2017, 01:10:42 AM »
:Goodpoint: People ask me, what's wrong with the children of today, and my reply is always, "Parents!"  That scripture you quoted is true, but you always hear Christians respond to it as if it won't work. That's the problem.

That is the problem. Modern Parenting is parenting in unbelief. What the bible says is a footnote or an afterthought. Their real teachers are the liberal institutions, social workers and politicians. They are always looking for a better way, and there is no better way. You train up a child in the ways of the Lord, not in the ways of your secular neighbors. Which leads me to this. Christianity declines because of Christians losing their way, straying from the paths, the mind that says of God's ways, it won't work. You are absolutely right Chloe, that is the problem. Christians in unbelief.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]