[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Desktop Shortcut of Microsoft Edge  (Read 1486 times)

R. Anspach

• No condemnation for those who are in Christ
Desktop Shortcut of Microsoft Edge
« on: July 14, 2016, 05:50:10 AM »
Howdy,
  I've tried every other forum, so I guess I'll give this one a shot also. I've been trying to place a shortcut to the Microsoft Edge browser on my Desktop, but the normal way doesn't seem to work. So far all people have told me is that either I can't do it, or I can only put it on startup, but not the desktop. Anyone here have any information, link or knowledge of how to go about this? Why would Microsoft take away the right-click to create a desktop icon only for this program? Very frustrating.
"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." Galatians 3:11

Wayne

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: Desktop Shortcut of Microsoft Edge
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2016, 10:09:30 AM »

I don't think you can do that with Microsoft Edge. I've never seen it anywhere but on the Strat menu.

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:48:34 AM »
if you have Windows 10 installed, look in windows > systemapps. there you will find the program microsoftEdge.exe. Right click on it and you will see a link to >send to desktop. That should do it.

R. Anspach

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2016, 04:56:39 PM »
Two .exes there. They are MicrosoftEdge.exe and MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe? I'm assuming its MicrosoftEdge.exe?
"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." Galatians 3:11

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 06:13:25 PM »
yes, MicrosoftEdge.exe

R. Anspach

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 07:45:35 PM »
Ok, tried to execute the .exe file and also created a shortcut to it but that does not work for some reason. Apparently Microsoft made it so that you can't launch the program from its .exe file.
Here's my path C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge.exe

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 08:45:52 PM »
I didn't notice that. That's strange, I just tried double clicking on it and you are right, it fizzles but won't launch. I'm sorry, I thought that would do it but I guess I can't help you. I have no other ideas but will ask around.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 11:28:20 PM »
Why not pin Edge to taskbar at the bottom instead of shortcut on desktop?

http://www.tipsdotcom.com/pin-microsoft-edge-to-taskbar.html
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

R. Anspach

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 12:59:03 AM »
Thanks for that link. Ok, have it on my taskbar but can't drag it to Desktop. I would still like to put it on my desktop with all my other apps and browser shortcuts but I guess this will just have to do. It's just that my taskbar is getting a little crowded. I've just never seen a program you couldn't put on your Desktop in Windows. This must be something new.

Joe Johnson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2016, 01:06:01 AM »
Switch to Apple  :baghead:

R. Anspach

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2016, 02:40:29 AM »

Thanks, but no thanks.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2016, 04:09:22 AM »
I am sorry. Frankly. I am not fond of Microsoft.  As designer myself, I often use Apple.

Anyway, maybe you can try this instruction for Edge shortcut on desktop on this link

http://www.tipsdotcom.com/microsoft-edge-desktop-shortcut.html
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

R. Anspach

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2016, 07:08:54 AM »
Great, that worked! Thanks a million Erik. To tell you the truth, I didn't expect to get an answer here. At least not one that actually worked. Thank you so much for your help.

As for Microsoft, I'm not a big fan of Microsoft either. But who is?  I am a fan of the personal built PC. I can add what options I want, I can upgrade the various hardware elements with the latest chips or parts and software releases, etc. I don't like being told by Apple what hardware I can use or install and have to upgrade on their terms. Their software and hardware are way too proprietary for me, and the selection of high end software leaves something to be desired in my line of work.

But thanks again for the solution, I had searched in many forums without luck.

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2016, 10:25:10 AM »
Thanks a million Erik.

Welcome.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]