[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: 50 Dead in Florida Because Homosexual Intollerance  (Read 3500 times)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: 50 Dead in Florida Because Homosexual Intollerance
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2016, 06:04:28 AM »
>>>
:ditto: Reformer calls us lazy because we don't agree with his Reformed brand of evangelism.
<<<

Compare yourself to scripture and see what you come up with. And if the shoe fits...

But here's the definition of lazy:

a. unwilling to give effort; lack of energy or drive to accomplish something; lackadaisical; idle; slothful; work-shy, inactive, underactive, sluggish; negligent;
    b. characterized by lack of effort, exertion or determination.

I dunno, sounds like most modern contemporary Christians to me--but maybe I'm as crazy as Reformer. The Lord judge.

>>>
Isn't he the one who says works gospels are over?
<<<

Work gospels are bankrupt, work is not! I know you don't know the difference, but work gospels never were successful.

>>>
Hey Reformer!!  ^-^
<<<

Typical foolish reaction of some "professing Christians". But wisdom is justified of all her children (Luke 7:35). Wisdom is acknowledged, vindicated, recognized and honored of her children.

Proverbs 6:6-11
  • "Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
  • Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,
  • Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.
  • How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?
  • Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:
  • So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man."

Selah.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 06:06:28 AM »
>>>
Belief is not defined as work buddy.
<<<

It may not be defined as work, but it sure is intimately related to it, despite claims to the contrary. Work is the opposite of Grace as it relates to the method of salvation, NOT the opposite of agape, evangelism or commission.

James 2:16-18
  • "And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
  • Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
  • Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
  • Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."

So then, even the Devils are believers, but their belief is futile because they have no works, no Spirit of Truth and no inclination to serve the Lord. Faith that has no works accompanying it is dead faith. Those aren't my words, that's directly from the scriptures. If your faith has no works, it has no Spirit (Hebrews 13:21 ) to will and do of His good will.  The Apostle says, shew me your faith without works (dead faith), and I will shew you my faith by my works (living works). The Spirit makes alive! It's too bad that so many Christians today have no real understanding of that passage. ...works accompany true faith because true faith is of the true Spirit. We're not saved by our works, but the sign of work surely follows those who believe. Because the Spirit of Christ that is within us is not a idle Spirit, as so many infer by their lethargy.

Matthew 25:41-42
  • "Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
  • For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:"

No matter how much the Bible or those testifying to it explains it to some professed Christians, they just don't get it, because they are so attached to this world there's really "literally" little time for Christ.

>>>
 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

That's a scripture taken out of context and doesn't pertain to this, and you're no angel.
<<<

Is it "really" a scripture taken out of context or is it simply that you don't "really" understand the true meaning of judging "messengers," because you're so tied up in superficial, temporal, worldly affairs of this life?

As for Reformer being no aggelos (messenger), the Lord Judge! Because unlike man, God who authored the Greek word messenger (aggeklos), is omniscient, knows who are His, and judges righteously. I'm comfortable with that.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 06:09:48 AM »
>>>
Why would a Christian not say this is not a good Christian attitude? Or do you think it perfectly acceptable?
<<<

There could be many reasons. They may think that it is a good Christian attitude. They may think if they say something, they'll be condemned and they want everyone to love them. They may "not" think it a good Christian attitude, but think they're judging if they publicly says so. They may not have time to comment. They may be the proverbial slothful Christian. They may be afraid of confrontation. They may have no inclination to get involved. They may fear persecution. They may not even have an opinion. They may not even "know" if it is perfectly acceptable or not. They may be sympathetic to the Pastor and so choose not to pile on. That's just off the top of my head, and I'm sure thee are many more reasons.

The point is, we can't make people comment on anything, nor are they obligated to comment on every or any post. We don't know what they believe or don't believe, nor are we entitled to know. What's more important is what you believe.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 06:15:24 AM »
>>>
Perfectly acceptable!
<<<

I'm sure this Pastor's comments are perfectly acceptable, but the question is, to who? Is this the attitude God desires of us, or is this the attitude of someone whose head is up in the clouds enamored by his self-righteousness and superiority over the rest of the sinners in this world? This kinda reminds me of the crusades, where the self-righteous attempted to stamp out all the sinners of the world by Killing them all off. So again, the question is, perfectly acceptable to who? His comments, ďThe tragedy is that more of them didnít die -- Iím kind of upset that he didnít finish the jobĒ are particularly disturbing and unacceptable to me as a Christian. 

Proverbs 10:31-32
  • "The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.
  • The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable: but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness."

The humble know what is acceptable, while the froward, petulant, intractable are insubmissive. In their obstinance their tongue often reveals the true nature of their heart is not agape/charity, but self-righteousness. In humility there is wisdom, while in a froward heart there is foolishness.

>>>
You "people" need to stop being so politically correct.
<<<

I've seldom been accused of being liberal and [b"]never"[/b] of being politically correct, however I feel this pastor's comments are "not" an acceptable Christian attitude "in my humble opinion." Unlike this Pastor, I am sad when 50 homosexuals, Pedifiles or other criminals die, and I don't think it is a tragedy that more of them don't die. My sadness is because they "probably" didn't come to the knowledge of the Lord's great mercy and forgiveness. Just as the Apostle Paul wept for his wicked and unsaved brethren, the Jews, so I weep for every sinner that is lost. That's what "I" think is a true Christian attitude. ..as Christians once often said, "there but by the grace of God go I." You don't hear that much anymore because most professing Christians are self-righteous, arrogant and self-willed.

Luke 19:41-42
  • "And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
  • Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes."

There is our example of being a Christian with the agape of Christ, that is to say, a Christ-like attitude.

>>>
That's why why people are backing Trump,
<<<

I'm sure you believe that, but the truth is often not that simple.

>>>
because we're sick of the liberals putting their hands over our mouths when we back the Bible.
<<<

Psalms 39:1
  • "I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me."

Sometimes we should humble ourselves and put our hand over our own mouths, rather than sing praises over the death of sinners. The Lord has no pleasure in the death of the wicked (Ezekiel 33:11), and neither do I. Keeping our mouths with a briddle would not satisfy man's haughtiness, sense of superiority, arrogance, aloofness, contempt and superbity, but it is often required.

>>>
God hates homosexuality, does he not?
<<<

God hates all sinners. That is to say, every single person who is not clothed in the robe of Christ's righteousness, so that they have the nakedness of their sin exposed. But I don't see you rejoicing at the deaths of other sinners.

Proverbs 6:16-19
  • "These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
  • A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
  • An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
  • A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren."

There are many abominations to God, "a proud look" or pride (literally "eyes of loftiness") being one of the chief of them. Perhaps this Pastor needs to lower his eyes, bow his head and remember who lifted him up, and from what.

Psalms 30:2-3
  • "O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
  • O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit."

Seeing as how it was the Lord, and the Lord alone, who lifted us up from all our abominations, not one of us have a right to joy in the death of other sinners for their abominations.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

aquatic

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 03:41:31 PM »
Is this Pastor biblical?

"I wish the government would round them all up, put them up against a firing wall, put the firing squad in front of them and blow their brains out," Jimenez said

No.

Surprising that someone even has to explain whether this is biblical or not. Any superficial reading of Scripture will tell you this is wrong.

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 05:02:05 PM »
Is this Pastor biblical?

"I wish the government would round them all up, put them up against a firing wall, put the firing squad in front of them and blow their brains out," Jimenez said

No.

Surprising that someone even has to explain whether this is biblical or not. Any superficial reading of Scripture will tell you this is wrong.

:iagree: aquatic. Yet I'm hearing more and more of this. I understand that homosexuality is a plague and a growing problem that should be spoken against, but this is not the way.  And for a teacher, a pastor to make these comments is just unbelievable. I guess anyone can call themselves a minister these days. But who is he ministering to?

Eugene Coburn

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2016, 09:03:43 AM »
Is this Pastor biblical?

It's the mentally challenged, like Pastor Jimenez, that give Christians a bad name where they have been forced into defending themselves as being the reason Omar Mateen targeted the gay community. No, Christians arenít complicit in the Orlando shootings, but Pastor Jimenez just might be.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2017, 05:18:27 AM »
Is this Pastor biblical?

:iagree: Surprising indeed. But I've heard this type of comment more than I'd like to admit from professing Christians. You'd think they should know better, but they don't. In fact, they feel we're being politically correct, rather than acting as Christians.

It is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2017, 03:00:37 PM »
Yes, but

Deu. 23:17
"There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel."

aquatic

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2017, 11:31:53 PM »
Fred,
Jesus showed us to have mercy and forgiveness.

Matthew 18:15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. 16But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established. 17And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Paul repeats the same thing. We don't kill those in sin. They are expelled from the church. Church discipline

Dana Pescator

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2017, 02:11:12 AM »
Fred,
Paul repeats the same thing. We don't kill those in sin.

You would think Christians would know that also. As we'd have to be killing millions every day. Killing sinners is not the job of Christians. Just think if we murdered everyone in prison, or that goes to prison. Would that be God's will? No. Why some ministers don't understand this, I have no idea. Homosexuality is another sin, like adultery, fornication or prostitution. Shall we kill all the fornicators. That's 1/3 of the country it seems, and 90 percent of teens. Probably a great many those supporting this Pastor.

Charles

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2017, 04:56:35 PM »

50 Dead in Florida not because of Homosexual intolerance, but because there was one mentally ill guy who killed them. We can't start to be like most unsaved people and blame a whole group of people for the sins of one.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2017, 07:42:40 PM »

Wait! Shouldn't there be homosexual intolerance by Christians? Or am I missing something?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2017, 06:12:41 AM »
>>>
Wait! Shouldn't there be homosexual intolerance by Christians? Or am I missing something?
<<<

As members of God's church, yes. Not in the criminal activity of going out into the world and attempting to harm them under the guise of doing a service for God. For God is not mocked. He knows the wicked nature of man and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Evil intent may be hidden from man, but not from God.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]