[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: 50 Dead in Florida Because Homosexual Intollerance  (Read 3489 times)

lpowell

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: 50 Dead in Florida Because Homosexual Intollerance
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 06:18:55 PM »
Luke 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

John 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

Romans 13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 

John 18:36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

A servant does only what he sees his master doing.

Oneil

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »

Yet another cryptic, ambiguous post by Lyoyd.  Why not add the eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth passage. We'd learn as much.

Maurice

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 06:03:52 AM »

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/sacramento/sacramento-baptist-pastor-praises-orlando-massacre/243211965

Is This Pastor Right, wrong or should have just not said anything?

No one has an opinion on if his belief is biblical?  :S_Confused:  :Say_what:

Don't you know yet? Tony is the only non-coward in this forum. I think it was lieberman in the remarriage thread who said "everybody's looking for a hiding place". Seems it holds true in this and most other controversial situations also. Which, as an outsider, seems very strange to me as it is to you. I've been reading this forum for a few years now and I don't mean to offend anyone but it seems most here are cowards when it comes to voicing opinions about their form of Christianity or their beliefs. I'm not calling names, I use the word coward in a descriptive manner, not as a personal attack. It seems to me that there should be no fear by anyone of saying this is a correct christian statement or saying this is a incorrect statement this Pastor made. Yet there is obvious fear of saying anything. If Christianity were really the power, and if one really believed in it, what would prevent this clarification? So it makes me wonder if this Christianity thing is all just a hedge or life preserver just in case, like an insurance policy for if there is really a god. There doesn't seem to be any real enthusiasm or zeal for answering questions concerning it as the believers in Islam has. There are a couple notable exceptions here, but just a couple. When I ask a question of Muslims, they will spend more time than I care to listen explaining it to me. It's just the opposite with Christians. They are quickly offended and walk away. Overall it seems to be a doctrine of "lets just relax and see what happens," unlike the Muslim religion. Maybe that's just in Reformed Christianity, I'm not sure. As I said, it just seems strange to me as an outsider looking in on these things.

Just as a test, I asked the same question in a Muslin forum day before yesterday after I left here. By this morning, I had one response saying this pastor misinterpreted scripture and misrepresented Christianity. And anther two that agreed with what the Pastor had said. To me, that is very telling when a Muslim defends Christianity better than a forum of Christians. Or people who at least claim to be Christian. Things that make you go, hmmmmmmmm.

I believe that's why so many people aren't Christian, and Islam is the fastest growing religion. Something just doesn't add up.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 02:29:10 PM »
Don't you know yet? Tony is the only non-coward in this forum.

Not true.  I don't hold my opinions secret for anyone I have said many times that these Reformed Christians are hypocrites. Coward is a good word too. This was a horrendous act and all the conservative religions, including Reformed, are partly to blame by demonizing gays.

I've been reading this forum for a few years now and I don't mean to offend anyone but it seems most here are cowards when it comes to voicing opinions about their form of Christianity or beliefs. I'm not calling names, I use the word coward in a descriptive manner, not as a personal attack.

:GoodPopst:
You're absolutely right. No one stands up for the rights of these people who were gunned down, but I guarantee you that had it been some conservative nut-job, you'd have post after post saying how the liberals are responsible by creating a atmosphere of hate.  You know, like Trump is doing right now. It's a sad day when murder is condoned by so called conservative Christians.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 09:44:06 AM »
Don't you know yet? Tony is the only non-coward in this forum.

Not true.  I don't hold my opinions secret for anyone I have said many times that these Reformed Christians are hypocrites. Coward is a god word too. This was a horrendous act and all the conservative religions, including Reformed, are partly to blame by demonizing gays.

Betty, you are wrong and Maurice you are probably only half wrong. No one is responsible for this crime except the lunatic lawbreaker who perpetrated it and anyone who conspired with him about it.

2Ki 14:6
But the children of the murderers he slew not: according unto that which is written in the book of the law of Moses, wherein the LORD commanded, saying, The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, nor the children be put to death for the fathers; but every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Don't attempt to put someone else's crime upon others. Everyone is responsible for their own sin.

As for many here being "cowards" I won't argue with you on that  :'(

Sadly, you're probably right in many cases. But I can't speak for or defend someone else, I can only speak for my own conscience. However, as for "my" bearing witness to what the scriptures say about the unnatural, abominable and God condemning nature of homosexuality, I stand by God's words 100 percent and I don't care about political correctness, who doesn't like it, or who's going to persecute me for it. 

Ro 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent?

I'm not going to stop witnessing because someone leaves the forum with hurt feelings, gets bent out of shape because of what I testify to, or who thinks God's word is hate speech. I know it's actually love and my desire that all sinners get right with God through Christ. Homosexuals can be forgiven, but how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? And they hear through our testimony, by the Spirit of Christ.

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

They all can be washed, can be sanctified and can be justified in the name of the Lord Jesus. Our love is in witnessing to this fact. Hate is actually remaining silent and not blowing the proverbial trumpet, it's not testimony to the truth. So in silence or in un-Christ-like fear of persecution, yes I agree that is Christian cowardice. Yes, there's a lot of that going around these days, and yes it's hidden under different flags. But true love casts out fear and accepts tribulation for Christ.

1Co 13:13
And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Finally, to answer the question of if this Pastor's belief is biblical? If he means that individuals should go around executing judgment upon homosexuals, then no he is not correct! He does not understand the Bible, but I'm sure he thinks he does. I'm not sure what he actually means, but I don't like what he said.

Ro 12:18
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

We leave the judgments unto the courts, the laws of our nation, we do not take up arms to fight for God as the crusaders did, the Lord will get his own vengeance. Did Christ have his disciples take up arms in support of God's laws? Or did he answer with "put away thy sword?" The Lord doesn't want us to fight literal battles on his behalf, but spiritual battles. Mostly in the church where the greatest battle is being lost today.

Maurice

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2016, 01:16:11 PM »
As for many here being "cowards" I won't argue with you on that :'( . Sadly, you're probably right in many cases.

interesting!   :o

So in silence or in un-Christ-like fear of persecution, yes I agree that is Christian cowardice. Yes, there's a lot of that going around these days, and yes it's hidden under different flags.

Oooooohhh! You sound angry. Want to name names?  :P

Finally, to answer the question of if this Pastor's belief is biblical? If he means that individuals should go around executing judgment upon homosexuals, then no he is not correct! He does not understand the Bible, but I'm sure he thinks he does. I'm not sure what he actually means, but I don't like what he said.

Well at least you answered the question. In all fairness to myself, I did say there were a "couple" exceptions. You're obviously one of them. My comments remain for the rest of the herd :)

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 05:56:41 AM »
So in silence or in un-Christ-like fear of persecution, yes I agree that is Christian cowardice. Yes, there's a lot of that going around these days, and yes it's hidden under different flags.

Oooooohhh! You sound angry. Want to name names?  :P

Not angry at all, disappointed yes. But I've been disappointed in the church for years now. Everyone knows that so I'm sure no one will find that sentiment something new. As for naming names, look at the who's online the next time you logon and take your pick. I just think there are a lot of pretenders in the church today. :baghead:

Rose

• De 8:8 "A land of oil olive, and honey.."
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 08:42:50 AM »

So if we don't believe as you do, we're all pretenders? How dare you set yourself up as judge.

"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys." - S.O.S. 2:1

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2016, 12:07:36 PM »
So if we don't believe as you do, we're all pretenders?

No, if we don't believe, we're pretenders. That's as the Lord defines belief, not just saying we're Christian. It isn't just saying we're the church, it is spiritual renewal where we become a new creature in Christ desiring to do his will? Most Christians think all they have to do is claim Christ and they are Christians. They haven't made their calling and election sure. So while they surely "think" they are secure in their own little carefree and careless world, they are no more free or secure than those outside of Christianity.

2Ti 3:5
Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

It's the spirit that makes Christians. There is no spirit of laziness, there is no spirit of indifference and there is no spirit of fear, that's another spirit entirely. a pretend spirit of Christ. So yes, if we don't believe unto good works, we're pretenders. Absolutely! Here's another parable, I hope you truly understand what it means to us today.

Mt 21:28  But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
 29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
 30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
 31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.

How dare you set yourself up as judge.

How dare I not.

1Co 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
 3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
 4 If then ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge who are least esteemed in the church.

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2016, 05:04:41 PM »
Just who do you think you are Reformer. Who gave you the right to condemn other Christians? You think way too much of yourself. You're not our judge. We will do what we want, not what you want.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. Matt 7:1"

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2016, 05:38:08 AM »
 :ditto: Reformer calls us lazy because we don't agree with his Reformed brand of evangelism. Isn't he the one who says works gospels are over? Now he's telling us we have to work and condemn the gay lifestyle.  :Say_what:

Hey Reformer!!  ^-^

Rose

• De 8:8 "A land of oil olive, and honey.."
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2016, 08:32:33 AM »
So if we don't believe as you do, we're all pretenders?

No, if we don't believe, we're pretenders. That's as the Lord defines belief, not just saying we're Christian.

Belief is not defined as work buddy.

3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

That's a scripture taken out of context and doesn't pertain to this, and you're no angel.

"I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys." - S.O.S. 2:1

Emily

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2016, 12:06:57 PM »
I admit, I do find it kinda strange that only Tony and Reformer have admitted to finding this murderer's actions despicable and this pastor's word reprehensible. Very strange. Here's what the Pastor said for those who don't watch the news.
Pastor Roger Jimenez from Verity Baptist Church in Sacramento told his congregation that Christians “shouldn’t be mourning the death of 50 sodomites.”

“People say, like: ‘Well, aren’t you sad that 50 sodomites died?’ ” Jimenez said, referencing the initial death toll in Orlando, which authorities later clarified included 49 victims plus the gunman. “Here’s the problem with that. It’s like the equivalent of asking me — what if you asked me: ​’Hey, are you sad that 50 pedophiles were killed today?’

“Um, no, I think that’s great. I think that helps society. You know, I think Orlando, Fla., is a little safer tonight.”

He added: “The tragedy is that more of them didn’t die. The tragedy is — I’m kind of upset that he didn’t finish the job!”

Why would a Christian not say this is not a good Christian attitude? Or do you think it perfectly acceptable?

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2016, 04:27:39 AM »
Perfectly acceptable! You "people" need to stop being so politically correct. That's why people are backing Trump, because we're sick of the liberals putting their hands over our mouths when we back the Bible. God hates homosexuality, does he not?

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2016, 06:01:53 AM »
>>>
Just who do you think you are Reformer. Who gave you the right to condemn other Christians?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. Matt 7:1"
<<<

So if this is your definition of judging, is what you're doing anything less? They have a word for that. Starts with Hypo and ends with crite.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]