[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Who should we send to Washington in 2016?  (Read 14882 times)

billnjune

• Saved, By God's Grace Alone!
Who should we send to Washington in 2016?
« on: September 21, 2015, 01:57:01 PM »
Please comment and you can change your vote.
The only regret that I have is that I only have one life to live for my God.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
Re: Who should we send to Washington in 2016?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 06:25:24 PM »

Anyone but Donald Trump and Ben Carson. They are both to ignorant, simple minded and low-class to be the leader of the greatest and most powerful nation in the world. I favor Bush and will pray he's not like his brother.

billnjune

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 07:29:20 PM »
Anyone but Donald Trump and Ben Carson. They are both to ignorant, simple minded and low-class to be the leader of the greatest and most powerful nation in the world. I favor Bush and will pray he's not like his brother.

Thanks for your thoughts. I try not to get my mind cluttered with too much of the world but agree that Trump is bad news.  I did not see Ben Carson as ignorant, simple minded and low-class.  In fact, I even liked his methodical well defined arguments and not a lot of rhetoric like I hear from Hilary and others. I am far more interested in how one is going to change something rather than “I don’t like it and I’ll change it”.  I am also afraid of the war mongering ones but as of yet I do not know who they are.  I have perceived that Carson is more interested in domestic affairs rather than trying to change the world (maybe I am wrong).

Bill

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 11:52:28 PM »
I doubt that anyone who will become our next president will bring America back to God or to her former glory.  We have passed the point of no return and the signs of Christ's return concerning the congregations of Israel is already here. 

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 01:13:26 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts. I try not to get my mind cluttered with too much of the world but agree that Trump is bad news.  I did not see Ben Carson as ignorant, simple minded and low-class.

I understand what you are saying, but I feel like we've had enough presidents who speak before they think, even when they are right. I think that a President should be intelligent enough not to say some of the things Ben Carson has said. For example, the Muslim comment yesterday. Not smart. Our President has to deal with these Muslim countries on a regular basis, have military bases on some and others to balance the crazies over there. To make such a comment this quickly (he hasn't even had many interviews), even if he thinks it right, shows me he is not really a deep thinker who understands the repercussions of words. If he doesn't get that, how is he going to handle the more sensitive issues? I would much rather see someone in office who is not apologizing daily for some off the cuff remark.

I do like Carly Fiorina but I feel compelled not to vote for a woman to lead us (on biblical grounds).

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 03:04:59 AM »
Who should we send to Washington in 2016? Clinton. Her husband's presidency was the best years of this country since the 40s. I think she will continue in that moderate theme.

Of those you chose to arbitrarily list, not a one has the sense they were born with. I'm voting for Hilary Clinton over those zealots any day. I'm not ready to send my sons to die in another trumped up war by right wing republicans like Trump and Bush who can't think past carrying a big stick and building walls. Both metaphorical and literal walls.

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 03:11:41 AM »

>> Who should we send to Washington in 2016?

I would say Bernie Sanders!

What? Did you assume God was a Republican?  ::)

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 03:35:21 AM »
What? Did you assume God was a Republican?  ::)

L. O. L.   :Goodpoint:  The only one I've heard you make. He's neither Republican or Democrat!

Although as a Christian I would never vote for Hilary or Sanders, Republican is not synonymous with Christian. Sometimes I get the impression that a lot of right-leaning Christians think so. I may have to vote independent or a write in this year. Because I will never support Bush, Trump or Carson. Trump is an egotist and bully who is never wrong. Two Bush's in one lifetime as President of war is quite enough, and Ben Carson strikes me as quite slow, boring and dull of mind. Don't think we should turn the country over to him. And he seems to have a penchant for foot-n-mouth disease.

I have an open mind about the rest of the Republican nominees. I just wish the media would stop wasting time force-feeding us Trump and actually cover what some of the legitimate candidates are saying, or what they stand for. The media today is all about entertainment, rather than education. Although we all know there is no way Trump will become president, they cover him as if he's the only one in the race with something to say. This clown may end up being the very reason the Republicans lose another bid for the white house. If he alienates enough people (under the Republican banner) it just might be a blow from which the party won't recover. The Democrats are all laughing and high-fiving everytime he opens his mouth.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Colleen

• I will make you free indeed
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 11:12:40 PM »
I do like Carly Fiorina but I feel compelled not to vote for a woman to lead us (on biblical grounds).

On what biblical grounds?

billnjune

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 11:55:34 PM »

That is an easy one so I will answer for RB

(1 Timothy 2:12)
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Maurice

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2015, 01:06:40 AM »
If this poll was an actual election, Hillary would win, with Santorum coming in second. You see this is what's wrong with the Republican Party, they're scatter brained, divisive, vindictive, all pulling in different directions. This one's hated because he's not conservative enough and this other one is hated because voted for a bill the Democrats authored, and this one's hated because he voted to raise taxes on something, and this other one is hated because isn't tough enough on immigration. That's why they're going to lose the Presidential election again. They are so out of touch with reality. This will make the third Presidential election in a row they've lost, because they can't get their stuff together.

At least Scott Walker got out while the gettn' is good.

Maurice

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 01:08:02 AM »

That is an easy one so I will answer for RB

(1 Timothy 2:12)
But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

Whoa! Isn't that in church? Are you saying a woman cannot own a store and employ men?

billnjune

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 11:49:11 AM »

Whoa! Isn't that in church? Are you saying a woman cannot own a store and employ men?
Maurice,

Here is the whole chapter in context. 
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity. I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works. Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. For Adam was first formed, then Eve. And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.
(1 Timothy 2:1-15)

I don't believe that it is talking about the church at all.  Our society is so accepting of social issues and dull of hearing that it is not a question of the scripture being clear but “Will we believe it and obey it”. 

Unless I am shown otherwise it seems to me that women should not have authority over men.  How do your read it? 

Bill
P.S. I agree with your opinion about the Republican party.

Dryfus

• Nothing without Proof
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2015, 12:20:27 PM »
The whole world is a Stage

Trevor

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 06:18:32 PM »
No votes for Trump? How is he leading in the polls? ;)

A Mind For Truth
Dr. C. Trevor Bavinck
New York, NY

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]