[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The Politics of Politics  (Read 2663 times)

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
The Politics of Politics
« on: June 25, 2015, 07:58:29 AM »
Philly Dawg,
  I notice that you haven't ripped President Obama as you did President Bush when he was in office. Why is that? Are Democrats off limits to you? I thought you said you were fair and balanced?  I have been treading some of your political rants, and you're a smart guy, but something tells me your biased against Republicans. Comment?

Stan Pat

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: The Politics of Politics
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 11:24:20 PM »
 :iagree: Philly's always made a lot of sense, but strangely he has been silent with this President. Liberal maybe?

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 05:23:04 AM »
Philly Dawg,
  I notice that you haven't ripped President Obama as you did President Bush when he was in office. Why is that?

Wait! What's that sound? Oh, that's the sound of the right wing fanatics saying, "Don't get him started again!!"

Why is that you ask? Maybe because President Obama hasn't had a foreign policy based on governmental insanity, where he is hell bent upon nation-building in Iraq, Syria, Libya and Egypt. You want to know why there is all this instability in these countries? It's because of Republican Presidential politics of meddling in the affairs of these countries, having no small hand in overthrowing the strong men that God had rule in these countries (Saddam Hussein, Bashar al-Assad, Muammar Gaddafi and Hosni Mubarak), the later of which was our friend whom we supported until we stabbed him in the back when deciding he had to go. Don't think the American hand wasn't in that. Kinda like Saddam, a friend until he isn't.

And tell me, what is the direct result of our meddling in these countries adding our voice of support to the overthrow of these men who ruled with an iron hand? Any good come of Bush's policies concerning them? Everyone of these countries is now unstable, in turmoil and a haven for terrorists. Now you make to me a case how working to remove these leaders made the people of those countries any better? You can't. Because in every case, Bush's policies have led to disaster, of which I said it would, year after year. If you'll recall, how many right wing conservative Republican lemmings here stood me down that these were all good patriotic things Bush was doing bringing democracy? How many will admit they were wrong? Where is the democracy and who gave Bush the right to meddle in another sovereign nation's politics?  Did I not say Iraq would collapse into Chaos once our American troops were gone? Is Afghanistan next? According to some nitwit Republicans, Obama should have kept troops in these countries and even sent troops back to Iraq. Because they can't see past the tip of their saber rattling. If I, being simply a citizen of lessor intellect (according to Republicans), knew this chaos would happen, then why didn't George Bush and his band of wise men? Don't get me started!!!

Are Democrats off limits to you? I thought you said you were fair and balanced?

No, they're not off limits. But it's not the Democrats that control congress and has the country in a stalemate. The worst I can say about them is that they support abortion and gay rights. But guess what? So do many Republicans. How many Republicans running for office will you hear come out against this marriage ruling between gays? Beside from the fringe who have no chance to win the Republican nomination, they will avoid this issue like the plague. So what's different from the Democrats?

And as far as being fair and balanced, are you aware that it was the Republican appointed judges that were the deciding factor in this latest Gay marriage debacle? Justices appointed by Bush and Reagan made it 5 to 4. Bet you didn't want to hear that, did you. Because confessing that is actually being fair and balanced. It proves a Republican President is no guarantee of anything but Saber rattling.

I have been treading some of your political rants, and you're a smart guy, but something tells me your biased against Republicans. Comment?

Comment? Yes. Am I a smart guy? I don't think so. I'm average at best. It's not that I'm smart, it's that Bush was stupid in the way that Donald Trump (another brilliant guy) that is now running for the Republican nomination is stupid. I'm not overly smart, but I know a smoke screen when I see one. I may be biased against stupidity (Bush, Trump, Biden, etc.), but not against Republicans. I vote Republican and I vote Democrat and I vote independent, depending upon who is running and what they stand for. I will never vote exclusively for a political Party because there is too much stupidity that resides in both parties.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 05:32:25 AM »
:iagree: Philly's always made a lot of sense,

Thank you. I think  :-\

but strangely he has been silent with this President. Liberal maybe?

I've never been liberal, even when I was in school among my liberal, college-educated peers. It's just that I don't tow the Republican line that cutting taxes, having a police state and Saber rattling solves everything. Or that the civil war was all about states rights rather than slavery, or that no war to bring democracy overseas is a bad war, or that democrats ruin the economy, or that taxing the rich company profits fairly chokes off jobs. These are the beliefss that get Republican lemmings to calling me liberal. Not because I put forth any liberal ideas, because I don't. Show me one post where I put forth a liberal idea? Can you? The difference is, I'm actually "fair and balanced" about it (unlike FOX) and most Republicans not only choose not to be, but call anyone who is liberal. That's their weapon of choice.

It's not strange I've been silent, this President hasn't been nation building like President Bush. He hasn't sent American troops into Iraq on a lie that there were weapons of mass destruction there, just to attempt to bring democracy to a place that it wasn't his business to bring. He hasn't wrecked the economy with pie-in-the-sky right wing ideas about trickle down, where the only people who prosper are the wealthy. He hasn't sent troops into Syria because he thinks its President is the evil axis.  But when and if he does, I'll be the first to jump all over him as I did with George Bush.

The worst I can say about Obama is he is a poor excuse for a Christian, supporting abortion and gay rights, but then so so so many so called Christians and Republican today. What else is new?

Soldier

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2015, 11:33:12 PM »
It's because of Republican Presidential politics of meddling in the affairs of these countries, having no small hand in overthrowing the strong men that God had rule in these countries (Saddam Hussein, Bashar al-Assad, Muammar Gaddafi and Hosni Mubarak), the later of which was our friend whom we supported until we stabbed him in the back when deciding he had to go. Don't think the American hand wasn't in that. Kinda like Saddam, a friend until he isn't.
:GoodPopst:
I remember that, because he was our man in the middle east after Anwar Sadat was assassinated by the religious zealots.  Hosni Mubarak was a good friend of our government, one of the "few" Muslim leaders who wasn't hell bent on destroying Israel, but he won't be the last leader that America turns their back on after its used them as much as it can. I like your quote, " like Saddam, a friend until he isn't." I remember that too. 

Nina

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 02:03:39 AM »
I listened to Donald Trump on Stephen Colbert show last night and he sounded a lot like Philly Dawg, he shocked me talking about Republican mistakes and saying that Iran probably would end up taking over Iraq because of what Bush did. He was actually quite harsh on Bush for making the current mess in the middle east. Which surprised me.

I remember reading Philly Dawg warning of Iran when we pulled out of Iraq. I know Trump is a bonehead, but maybe he is making some good points, especially on immigration. What's wrong with legal immigration, and why do we just ignore the law when it comes to Mexicans? And if someone calls me a bigot for saying that (which is typical) I think I'll just scream! He's not number one in the polls because he's an idiot, he's there because he's also saying things the rest of us want to say but are cowards.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 08:29:53 AM »
Please! Donald Trump is a joke, an egotistical, fascist, blowhard and political enigma. He is a man who spent his entire life never being told that any of his ideas were stupid. He is a man who canít intelligently handle criticism nor control his emotions, temper or mouth. He should be an embarrassment for any red blooded Republican, and yet his poll numbers remain high. Do we as Republicans actually want to win, or it just me? If I didn't know better, I would think that the Democrats are supporting him to make sure the Republicans don't win the presidential election. Make no mistake, if Donald Trump wins the nomination, and the Republicans in the party back him as they say they will, look for another 4 years of a Democratic President. Because even a staunch Republican like myself won't back a lunatic like Trump to deal with Russia, North Korea and China and have his hands on the button. Now that is scary!

The "ONLY" way I'll vote Democratic is if Donald Trump or Ben Carson wins the nomination. I'm sorry, but I will. I'll hold my nose, throw up in my mouth and vote Democrat. Wake up Republicans! Because we just can't afford to put people that reactionary and dumb in the white house to deal with nuclear nations.

Tell me it ain't So!!

Laura Tomlinson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 11:23:29 AM »
Yup! Democrats are jumping for joy at the prospect that Trump will win the GOP, but realistically I don't think there is really any chance that is going to happen. Don't worry, Republicans "really are" smarter than that. Let's wait until there are actually a few of the big primaries won before we start crowning Trump the king of the GOP.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 02:44:10 PM »

Please don't let the Democrats win again. I'm thinking Cruz, Rubio or Bush.  :thinker:

Roger Dodson

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 12:38:50 AM »
If I didn't know better, I would think that the Democrats are supporting him to make sure the Republicans don't win the presidential election.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's funny, I kinda had a thought like that too. I was thinking, maybe Trump's actually a Democrat and is sabotaging the Republicans with all of his antics. But then I figured the Democrats aren't that smart :)

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 04:13:56 AM »
I remember reading Philly Dawg warning of Iran when we pulled out of Iraq. I know Trump is a bonehead, but maybe he is making some good points, especially on immigration. What's wrong with legal immigration, and why do we just ignore the law when it comes to Mexicans?

That is a good point, but PLEASE don't link me to Donald "foot-n-mouth" Trump. You were right the first time, that guy is a bonehead, but the unspoken truth is, he speaks for a lot of Republicans. That's the part that you guys are tip-toeing over, and one which I have been making here about the Republican party for years. There are a "LOT" of stupid, racist, right-wing fanatical, non-thinking zealots in that party. And there always has been, well, at least for the last 50 years.

He's not number one in the polls because he's an idiot,

I disagree. There are a "lot" of popular idiots! Read your history books. You do know that Adolf Hitler was very popular in Germany, don't you? Idiots can be popular because one of the wicked trait of mankind is to blame someone else for their lot in life. Ask Hitler!

he's there because he's also saying things the rest of us want to say but are cowards.

Speak for yourself! I'm sure "the rest of us" aren't thinking like Trump. At least not the majority of us.

How much distance is it from saying ban all Muslims to saying burn all Muslims? You may think it's a long way apart, but once you start down that path, you have no control over where you end up. This smacks of ethnic cleansing. See Kosovo. See the Catholics burning other Christians or the Reformers killing other Christians because they practiced Christianity different. It's all part of this same road and the same evil mindset. Don't link "the rest of us" with Trump's idiocentricities.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 04:20:03 AM »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's funny, I kinda had a thought like that too. I was thinking, maybe Trump's actually a Democrat and is sabotaging the Republicans with all of his antics. But then I figured the Democrats aren't that smart :)

They're smart enough to hold the Presidency eight years in a row, and with Trump leading the Republicans pretty much 100% assured of holding it another 4 years. Read my lips, "Trump can't win a National Election" no matter how many Republicans nuts vote for him. There's only one reason. He's a clown, not a leader.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 04:29:11 AM »
Yup! Democrats are jumping for joy at the prospect that Trump will win the GOP, but realistically I don't think there is really any chance that is going to happen.

We can hope, but unfortunately, there are a lot of morons in the Republican party. So nothing is set in stone.

Don't worry, Republicans "really are" smarter than that.

:idonotagree: At best that's debatable. Just look at the polls. You might have to rethink that. Did you see the poll taken that shows most of Trump's supporters are the least educated in the Republican party? I don't know about you, but I wasn't surprised, as it sounds about right to me. So maybe people should worry, because I don't agree with you that  Republicans "really are" smarter than that. For one thing, where's the evidence? Who are most Republicans supporting? When we debate Christian doctrines, we always say, where's your evidence. Well?   :S_Confused:

Let's wait until there are actually a few of the big primaries won before we start crowning Trump the king of the GOP.

OK  :Goodpoint:

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2015, 08:47:44 AM »

I hate to say this because I don't like pointing at the media but, I really have to blame the Media for this whole Trump phenomenon. The guy is a nobody in politics, made into a somebody by the liberal media. My take is that they want to keep him in the spotlight and relevant to make all Republicans look foolish. And they are getting just what they want.

Frank Mortimer

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 12:46:25 PM »

I hate to say this because I don't like pointing at the media but, I really have to blame the Media for this whole Trump phenomenon. The guy is a nobody in politics, made into a somebody by the liberal media. My take is that they want to keep him in the spotlight and relevant to make all Republicans look foolish. And they are getting just what they want.

Or maybe the Republicans are foolish all by themselves? I don't like the media either, but the media isn't voting for this man and giving him these big wins all over the country, Republicans are. We've got to stop looking to blame someone else for things that happen that we don't like.  It is registered Republicans that are solely responsible for Trump's success. No one else. If Hillary wins, they (or we) have no one to blame but the Republicans. It's not the Boogeyman or the wizard behind the curtain who did this, it was us.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]