[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: 1 Sam 2:3-36 monthly devotion  (Read 4319 times)

clark thompson

Re: 1 Sam 2:3-36 monthly devotion
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2017, 05:26:20 AM »
1 Samuel 2:31King James Version (KJV)
31 Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house.

1 Samuel 2:31Darby Translation (DARBY)
31 Behold, days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thy house.

These are my thoughts.
Sometimes God allows things to come to end thru Judgment.
the best form of worship is to be in the will of God

clark thompson

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 04:49:23 AM »
1 Samuel 2:32 King James Version (KJV)
32 And thou shalt see an enemy in my habitation, in all the wealth which God shall give Israel: and there shall not be an old man in thine house for ever.

1 Samuel 2:32 Darby Translation (DARBY)
32 And thou shalt see an oppressor [in my] habitation, amidst all the good that shall be done to Israel; and there shall not be an old man in thy house for ever.

These are my thoughts.
As Christians people may see us as we are distressed but do we stand strong in the Lord?

clark thompson

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 02:57:41 AM »
1 Samuel 2:33
KJV 33 And the man of thine, whom I shall not cut off from mine altar, shall be to consume thine eyes, and to grieve thine heart: and all the increase of thine house shall die in the flower of their age.

Recovery Version 1 Sam 2:33

33 And that man of yours whom I do not cut off from My altar shall be left to consume your eyes and to grieve your soul, and all the increase of your house shall die by the swords of men.
COPYRIGHT © 1997- 2017 LIVING STREAM MINISTRY. All rights reserved

These are my thoughts.
If we donít get right with God then He will prevent us from serving Him.

clark thompson

« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2017, 04:49:41 AM »
1 Samuel 2:34
KJV 34 And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them.

Recovery Version
1 Samuel 2:34
34 And this will be the sign to you, which will come upon your two sons, upon Hophni and Phinehas: In one day both of them shall die.

These are my thoughts.
This is not a good sign to be given but sometimes the signs God gives us are ones that would get our attention.

clark thompson

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 02:56:34 AM »
1 Samuel 2:35
KJV 35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.

Recovery Version
1 Samuel 2:35
35 And I will raise up for Myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in My heart and in My mind; and I will build him a sure house; and he will go before My anointed continually.
COPYRIGHT © 1997- 2017 LIVING STREAM MINISTRY. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
Jesus would be this priest but God would rise up priests until His coming that would serve Him.

clark thompson

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 04:08:05 AM »
1 Samuel 2:36
KJV 36 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thine house shall come and crouch to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests' offices, that I may eat a piece of bread.

Recovery Version

1 Samuel 2:36
36 And everyone who is left of your house will come and bow down to him for a piece of silver and for a loaf of bread, and will say, Please put me in one of the priests' offices that I may eat a morsel of bread.

COPYRIGHT © 1997- 2017 LIVING STREAM MINISTRY. All rights reserved.

These are my thoughts.
Eliís family would be removed as priests which means they would struggle for food the entire days, we today have struggles but we can go to Jesus, He is our provider.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]