[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Right Wing Republican Racists  (Read 14678 times)

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
Re: Right Wing Republican Racists
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2014, 03:25:22 PM »
As a black woman myself, I can say without fear of contradiction by any enabler or justifier that both the comments of Republicans Cliven Bundy and Donald Sterling were blatantly Racist, and anyone defending them are Racist also. Whether in the closet or out, whether they know it or not, whether its subconscious or not, it makes no difference to me. It really isn't very hard to tell when someone feels resentment against other races. You don't need a Ph.D..  So Stan, Hammerle, Lieberman, I agree with you totally. I would go further and say I don't think anyone in their right mind doesn't know these men are racist. But its an emotional issue and that blinds people sometimes. But thank you for keeping it real. Philly Dawg, You too!

Granny

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2014, 04:07:18 PM »
 :ditto:  Neither of these men represent us Republicans Diane. They are both despicable people who we know are racist and we want no part with them. And those who do, that's their problem. Many Republicans have come out against Bundy because they understand racism when they hear it.

Maurice

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 05:24:48 PM »
As a black woman myself, I can say without fear of contradiction by any enabler or justifier that both the comments of Republicans Cliven Bundy and Donald Sterling were blatantly Racist, and anyone defending them are Racist also. Whether in the closet or out, whether they know it or not, whether its subconscious or not, it makes no difference to me. It really isn't very hard to tell when someone feels resentment against other races. You don't need a Ph.D.

Oh you got it all wrong Diane. He's just misunderstood. Just because he called black folks lazy Bums who won't work unless there is slavery, come on! Dat don't make him all bad. He's a good ole boy. Just wants to plant cotton on government land, dat's all. And of course he needs some free workers for that. You know, he's just feeling nostalgic. But you know, it's all them Democrats fault who don't like black folk in chains where they're happy. They've been the party of the KKK for years, you just are not smart enough to realize it's people like Bundy who are really out to help you. This good old boy, he's just a misunderstood rancher who loves black folk so much he wants to give them something to do. You know, to get dem off dat welfare. The Democrats are just making him so nervous that he says things the wrong way. He really doesn't mean the black folks were better in slavery. He meant the white folks were better when they were in slavery.  And you gotta take into consideration that the feds, communists that they are, actually think he should pay for feed for his cattle. The nerve of dem yankees. They are taking orders from the Jews and Democrats who hate white people because they got ranches and stuff. Give an old good christian rancher a break. Or he'll pull his gun on you like you was a fed trying to take away his moonshine. ...or grazing land.  :)

Seriously though, the man is obviously not running on all cylinders, and it's my view that the world will be a much better place when all these old fools of the south and the far right die off. Excuse my French!

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 06:09:38 PM »
A racist sympathizer John, a owner of a NBA franchise caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and a bigoted freeloading Rancher.

First the Jew Lieberman speaks, then the black Diane, now all we need is a Mexican :)

Hey guys, are you all sure you still want to be Reformed Christians :smileyBounce:

I know I'd be having second thoughts. Looks like they just tolerate you.  :S_Confused:

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 06:54:16 PM »

We aren't uplifted or put down by racist sympathizers, we're not Reformed because of their views. We're Reformed because of Christ's doctrines, which are 1000% opposite and opposed to these racist and anti-government ideologies. What Bundy is doing has nothing whatsoever to do with Reformed Christianity. This is really the fringe part of the Republican party, not the majority. It's like the Tea party. Most Democrats look at all the publicity the Tea Party gets and thinks most Republicans as supporters of the Tea party. But in truth most Republicans think the tea party is full of a bunch of nuts. Sure, they have some good points, but so do the Democrats. That doesn't prove anything.

Anyone can call themselves Christian like this Bundy guy and his followers and sympathizers, but a tree is known by its fruit. We don't rise or fall as Reformed Christians depending upon some Rancher or some NBA team owner's views, but because of Christ's doctrine.

Secondly, to my knowledge they didn't claim to be Reformed, only Republican and Christian. I doubt very seriously if any of the Reformed Churches, theologians or authors (for example in Tony's library) would support these people, their views or their anti-government feelings. As I said, these people are a fringe group of the party making a lot of noise but not representing the majority. They get a lot of attention because of their bravado and grand standing, like this Bundy cartoon character.

John

• Gold Member
  • A man with God is always in the majority-John Knox
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2014, 10:53:07 PM »
As a black woman myself, I can say without fear of contradiction by any enabler or justifier that both the comments of Republicans Cliven Bundy and Donald Sterling were blatantly Racist, and anyone defending them are Racist also.

You make my point again. You think you have special moral authority to say "without fear of contradiction" that the rancher is a racist and I am too. You don't know the rancher and you certainly don't know me. This is always the end state when dealing with race ... some liberal blowhard pronounces judgment and declares their opponents racist. As stated many times before, everyone involved with the rancher has condemned his statement, no one supports his position that Blacks would be better off as slaves, no one. So, don't pretend that everyone is "justifying" it. His statement makes him racially insensitive, but unless there is other evidence that's where it ends with me.

Do you think because you are "a black woman" you have special insight into another person's heart. Well, you don't. Thanks for the declaration, but it's no more valid than the man on the moon's.

A racist sympathizer John, a owner of a NBA franchise caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and a bigoted freeloading Rancher.

Hello Walt with all of 4 posts. Decided to add your slanderous and ignorant post, did you. Ignorant people (of all ethnicity) will charge racism (or homophobia, etc.) to try and silence the opposition and win the argument. It never (and I mean NEVER) fails to pop its ugly head up. 

Okay Walt, show me how the rancher was bigoted? A bigot is someone who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp. on religion, politics, or race. How was the rancher intolerant? Again, like calling him a racist (racist: a person who believes certain groups are superior to others), what is your evidence? Racially insensitive, a stupid remark, ignorant, yes without a doubt - but racist and bigoted? No one has even started to prove that. Unless you know something not revealed to anyone else you are using inflammatory speech to disparage a person you don't know.

We're Reformed because of Christ's doctrines, which are 1000% opposite and opposed to these racist and anti-government ideologies.

Lieberman, do you know what defamation of character is? You have by your own words slandered me and countless others. When you and the others here apologize for their slanderous words, then YOU and THEY can talk about Christ's doctrines.

1 Peter 2:1 So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.

I won't be holding my breath on that one. It is the same old tune - charges of racism is the fallback position when no refutation can be made. It is used to silence debate and crush all opposition and to make the one making the charge appear morally superior.

So, in the end, we have a rancher who is ignorant and foolish - and those unable to resist the game of calling everybody racist are also ignorant and foolish.

But in truth most Republicans think the tea party is full of a bunch of nuts.

Lieberman, what you mean to say is that YOU think the Tea Party is full of a bunch of nuts. Can you even describe for me what the Tea Party advocates? Just more generalizations and name calling from you.

Here's the basic outline that most agree upon in the Tea Party movement. Which one makes you a nut?

1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.
3. A strong military is essential.
4. Special interests must be eliminated.
5. Gun ownership is sacred.
6. Government must be downsized.
7. The national budget must be balanced.
8. Deficit spending must end.
9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.
10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.
11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.
12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.
13. Intrusive government must be stopped.
14. English as our core language is required.
15. Traditional family values are encouraged.

Lieberman says you are a "nut" if you want a Constitutionally governed, fiscally responsible, law-abiding government. He and others have hinted that the Tea Party folks are racist (of course they are ... how could they not be. They aren't for a big welfare state which the Left supports and therefore they must be racists (or homophobes or haters or bigots, etc.). It's the same fallback position for those who have no valid argument (so the Left uses it constantly).

As for the claim that Republicans don't support the Tea Party, the actual Gallop Poll numbers for all Americans (not just Republicans) are: 22% support, 24% don't support, and 48% neither support nor don't support. In other words, most people don't care, the rest are divided (between Left and Right). The views of Republicans are split 60% positively to 24% negatively toward the Tea Party; conservatives' views split 56% to 29%. Substantial majorities of Democrats and liberals view the Tea Party unfavorably (of course - they are the enemy to their utopian Big Government solution).

A 60% favorable view by Republicans (despite the attacks by progressive Republicans against them and those on the Left) isn't quite up to the charge of "Republicans think the tea party is full of a bunch of nuts". Care to retract your charge? You call the rancher a racist - but you have no real idea. You call Republicans racist for defending the rancher's fight against the Feds - but you have no evidence. You slander me - so how are you different than the Left? I expect ignorance and slander from the Left, that is their modus operandi. So why do you want to carry their water?

So, now I'll wait for those who have been doing the personal attacks to apologize.

john
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 02:17:40 AM »
You make my point again. You think you have special moral authority to say "without fear of contradiction" that the rancher is a racist and I am too. You don't know the rancher and you certainly don't know me. This is always the end state when dealing with race ... some liberal blowhard pronounces judgment and declares their opponents racist.

As everyone here knows (except apparently you), Diane is not a liberal blowhard, this is just another example of your blindness concerning this issue. Anyone who disagrees with you is apparently a liberal or a Democrat., You've made that clear several times, and it just goes to show you are blinded by emotion rather than facts.

As for her right to call this rancher racist without knowing him, that's the most foolish statement of all. As if we have to know someone before pronouncing them something. You make no sense at all. Did I have to know Hitler to know he was a maniac, racist and fanatic nationalist? Of course not, and to even imply that, shows ignorance or blindness, take your pick. I don't have to know Rancher Bundy to know he is a Racist anymore than you have to know Joe Biden in order to declare he was playing games when he claimed the Republican Party wants to "put you all back in chains."  So that whole argument is self serving. There are all kinds of racists just as there are all kinds of Republicans and all kinds of professing Christians. I don't have to personally know a vile person to know he's a vile person. That whole idea is ridiculous.

As stated many times before, everyone involved with the rancher has condemned his statement, no one supports his position that Blacks would be better off as slaves, no one.

The difference between most of them and "you" is that most of these Republicans have said that these are racist statements. Not just a slip of the tongue, or your infamous "that's not what he really meant," as if you are personal friends with him to know exactly what he meant.

So, don't pretend that everyone is "justifying" it.

I'm not pretending that everyone is justifying his statements, as demonstrated in this forum, most good Christians here are appalled by it. You're the only one here I read attempting to justify his words by claiming he misspoke and that's not what he meant. Not everyone here, just you.

Do you think because you are "a black woman" you have special insight into another person's heart. Well, you don't. Thanks for the declaration, but it's no more valid than the man on the moon's.

There you go again off on a tangent. Did she say black people have a special insight into white people's heart or are you constructing a straw man? Most of the people here (white) are saying the exact same things she is, and yet you think because Diane is black is why she said that? What's wrong with you? Then you wonder why she might think you subconsciously a closet racist? Her being a black woman makes her particularly attuned to such behavior, just as my being a Jew would make me particularly attuned to anyone  supporting Hitler or his followers. I find it strange that you find that strange? Of course she has a special "interest" in someone saying blacks are better off in slavery. Her declarations are just as valid as yours, mine's, Hammerle, stan, Granny or anyone else here. Her being black gives her a particular background and perspective which neither you or I can ever have nor feel. Your insensitivity is alarming.

Hello Walt with all of 4 posts. Decided to add your slanderous and ignorant post, did you. Ignorant people (of all ethnicity) will charge racism (or homophobia, etc.) to try and silence the opposition and win the argument. It never (and I mean NEVER) fails to pop its ugly head up. 

Far be it from me to support walt, since I have no frame of reference or posts from him, but correct me if I'm wrong. You sympathize with Bundy, and most everyone here knows Bundy is a Racist. By a process of deduction, doesn't that make you a Racist Sympathizer or to put it another way, one who sympathizes with racists? I know you don't think him racist, but isn't that merely because you like his political views and that is why you ignore his Racist statements and attribute them to a mistake rather than a mindset? That's kind of like saying the Jewish people who said Christ had a Devil didn't really mean it, they just thought he was acting a little devilish? I don't buy it

Matthew 15:18-20"But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man".

What comes out of a man is what is in his heart. You Know That! That's why I don't undstand how you can defend this guy, not even knowing him, and by some unknown wisdom that apparently only you have, proclaiming that what he said is not really what he meant. Have you ever been around someone who is drinking heavily. Well, that's when what's really in their heart starts to come out of their mouths. Things they would hide in the closet when they weren't drinking. So how do we know this man's heart? By what comes out of his mouth. His fruits, not your justification of it, but his own fruits.

A bigot is someone who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp. on religion, politics, or race.

You don't think that someone who believes blacks were better off in slavery because now they're lazy and at least they would have work, is intolerant? Again, you are showing more of yourself than of Bundy. Give this man a few drinks and then come back and tell me how he's not a racist. He'll obviously burn your ears off.

Again, like calling him a racist (racist: a person who believes certain groups are superior to others), what is your evidence?

um, how about his belief that those blacks were better off in slavery because they had good steady jobs. Ya Think?  No, I'm sure you don't. But to the rest of us, Slavery on the basis of race is the height of thinking you are superior to those enslaved. Take those blinders off John. Take em off!

We're Reformed because of Christ's doctrines, which are 1000% opposite and opposed to these racist and anti-government ideologies.

Lieberman, do you know what defamation of character is? You have by your own words slandered me and countless others. When you and the others here apologize for their slanderous words, then YOU and THEY can talk about Christ's doctrines.

Well I guess we won't discuss Christ's doctrines together, but I'll continue to discuss them with others with an open mind, an honest mindset, and a clear understanding that anti-government radicalism is unchristian.

1 Peter 2:1 So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander.

I won't be holding my breath on that one. It is the same old tune - charges of racism is the fallback position when no refutation can be made. It is used to silence debate and crush all opposition and to make the one making the charge appear morally superior.

Whites have learned to use the race card well, they learned it from the best. The blacks they so condemned for using it. To say imply charges of racism are bogus is to be blind. That's like saying when someone paints a cartoon of the President as a monkey, that has nothing to do with racism, that's just someone having fum or just politics. No, that's just ridiculous. racism exists and is living in Bundy and his supporters.

But in truth most Republicans think the tea party is full of a bunch of nuts.

Lieberman, what you mean to say is that YOU think the Tea Party is full of a bunch of nuts. Can you even describe for me what the Tea Party advocates? Just more generalizations and name calling from you.

Yes, most in the Republican party thinks the Tea party are a bunch of radicals and they do their best to distance themselves from them. And I cannot believe that you don't know or are unaware of that fact. Being so involved in politics, you have to know that. Or is it that you are so entrenched in the radical arm of the party, that you actually believe every Republican (or most) think like that? Do you know how many Republicans there are? I mean even in Washington, the sensible Republicans (most) dread the Tea Party's agenda. They haven't done one thing for the Republican party except splinter it. And of course I know what the Tea party stands for. Most educated people do. And a few sound bytes doesn't cut it. You list things which most of us agree with, leaving out their inability to get anything done because they're radical.

Lieberman says you are a "nut" if you want a Constitutionally governed, fiscally responsible, law-abiding government.

Wow John, that makes me, Diane and Stan a nut. You sure I say that?

He and others have hinted that the Tea Party folks are racist

No, the Tea Party folks are radically anti-government, dividing the party and are unmalleable believing their views the only ones worth considering and everyone who doesn't agree an enemy. It's the right wing fanatics who drown in nostaligia and want to turn the clock back who are the Racists. As for Bundy, He's both.

As for the claim that Republicans don't support the Tea Party, the actual Gallop Poll numbers for all Americans (not just Republicans) are: 22% support, 24% don't support, and 48% neither support nor don't support.

That's strange. Because "nearly" every election I see them in where it's not Texas or the southern states, they always seem to lose. And lose out to other Republicans. How is that possible when (according to John) they are so popular. I'll tell you how, because the minute they start to have to open their mouths in a campaign, they lose votes because people see more than just the sound bytes, they see their real agenda and they want no part of it. The Tea party, for all the media attention they get, is literally toothless.

A 60% favorable view by Republicans (despite the attacks by progressive Republicans against them and those on the Left)

Progressive Republicans? What is that, a title for us Republicans in the North and East? Is that almost like a Democrat :(

isn't quite up to the charge of "Republicans think the tea party is full of a bunch of nuts". Care to retract your charge?
]

Sure, when you retract your statement that Bundy made no racist statements. So I guess that's that. Bundy's a Racist, and the Tea Party is Chock full of Nuts :(

You call the rancher a racist - but you have no real idea.

No, we all call Bundy a Racist. Just as we all call Donald Sterling a racist. There's not an ounce of difference between these two Republican nut cases. You are in the minority both here, in the country and in the Republican party. They all (generally speaking) believe his comments were racist because they're logical people for the most part.

You call Republicans racist for defending the rancher's fight against the Feds

No we call the rancher unchristian for fighting the Federal Government over land that so obviously is not his. I call him a unchristian tax evader who (unlike the rest of us) refuses to render unto caesar what is Caesars. I call Him racist for uttering racist statements. Try and keep it straight.

- but you have no evidence.

Well if this forum was a jury, I'd have 12 votes saying there is enough evidence to convict. How many witnesses do you need?

So, now I'll wait for those who have been doing the personal attacks to apologize.

Unfortunately, you've made your bed with racists, now lie in it.

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 04:26:41 AM »

I'm not trying to silence anyone. I simply gave my opinion. What, a new guy can't post an opinion? Frankly, this bunker mentality and your views don't surprise me one bit. Since all day yesterday and ever since I got up today, all I have been reading on the AOL Blog is people supporting Donald Sterling as a good man just like you support Bundy and making excuses why he's not really a racist and how it's all a liberal conspiracy. Notice how liberals get the blame for everything a Republican does? I come here and you're spouting the same thing. Yes, of course I have an opinion. And as far as I know, it's OK for me to post it here. Yes I know all that people can justify in their minds. Anything! You're living proof of that. They can justify anything as these two instances and some responses to it show. This has nothing to do with Democrats, I don't know how you inject that into this. It has to do with these two Republicans and their Racist attitudes. Nothing more. It's not a liberal conspiracy, it's two Racist fools showing the world their ignorance. Here's a man obviously caught on several tapes saying these terrible things about the holocaust, about Jews and about not wanting Blacks at his basketball games, and we have people like you posting on how people who don't know someone can't make a judgment of them being Racist. That's so silly.  One black girl posts and you bite her head off because she's hurt by the remarks and your justifications? Have you no heart?

Why is Bundy not a Racist?  Because he didn't kill anyone. You gotta be kidding me. I don't know where all these people come from, but they need to stop representing themselves as Christians. It not only gives Christians a bad name but Republican Christians (so called) in particular. This issue is not about the history of Democrats and blacks, it's about two modern day Republicans who made a fool of themselves. If there was a Democrat who said the same things, we'd all be condemning them also. You in particular. But you have to turn this into a us versus them thing when it's really not. Yes, Republicans ran away from Bundy. As well they should have. And you know why? Because he is Racist that's why. Democrats didn't chase them away, they ran because they have good sense, unlike some other people who are blogging and showing their ignorance.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 05:43:37 AM »
Hey, this would be very funny if it wasn't for right wing so-called Christians calling for violence against our Patriotic Federal officers who are only doing their job. Tell me, how Christian is this? Take up arms against your own Federal troops just doing their jobs. And then when a Republican expresses a little common sense (like those here) notice how they all start attacking him and calling him a traitor. You see, any Republican who doesn't believe we should take up arms to kill Federal agents is called a traitor. These are the type people John is supporting. Their idea of Christianity is politics and rebellion, not Christ. And it's about time someone spoke up about it. These people are crazy, or as Liebernan put it, NUTS! They're not Christian or Patriots no matter what flag they wave. They are a sick bunch as their posts illustrate. Notice how Hilary Clinton makes her way into all this for no other reason than that's what they have on her mind. Now tell me again how these people are so misrepresented. They are what they are, and Christ would have nothing to do with them. You know that, I know that and John knows that too. He's grasping at straws calling these people Christian or good people. There is not one of you who would fix their mouth to claim Christ would be in support of these people. NOT ONE!

When conservative Glenn Beck of all people are telling these right wing radicals to get a grip, you know it must be pretty bad. At least everyone knows except John. I wonder what he'll say if a Federal agent gets killed by these radical nuts that have come to Bundy's ranch. Will he say it was their own fault for having a job in land development? Will he say they were Terrorists? Will he say they were Democrats so it's justified? or will he say it's Hillary's fault? Joe Biden's fault? Obamacare? Diane said it right. Enablers! And they share in the blame. Check out this as Conservative Beck gets lambasted by the radicals.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 06:14:33 AM »
Their idea of Christianity is politics and rebellion, not Christ. And it's about time someone spoke up about it.

They are what they are, and Christ would have nothing to do with them. You know that, I know that and John knows that too. He's grasping at straws calling these people Christian or good people. There is not one of you who would fix their mouth to claim Christ would be in support of these people. NOT ONE!

This is what settles it for me. I agree with this one point. That Christ would have nothing to do with them or their rebellious cause. And so neither will I. We are witnesses to the truth, not revolutionaries. Because if Christ wouldn't support them, then neither can I as a follower of Christ. Just my two cents worth.

Pilgrim

• Reformed and Reforming
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2014, 12:04:07 PM »
This is what settles it for me. I agree with this one point. That Christ would have nothing to do with them or their cause. And so neither will I. We are witnesses to the truth, not revolutionaries. Because If Christ wouldn't support them, then neither can I as a follower of Christ. Just my two cents worth.

Reformer as the voice of reason? What's the world coming to?  :peace:  Well said.
"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." -Matthew 1:21

John

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 12:58:00 AM »
And then when a Republican expresses a little common sense (like those here) notice how they all start attacking him and calling him a traitor. You see, any Republican who doesn't believe we should take up arms to kill Federal agents is called a traitor. These are the type people John is supporting

Philly Dawg, where is anyone here calling anyone a traitor? Who is promoting the killing of Federal agents? Who is supporting those that would do so? Not me. I am against armed Federal agents invading an American citizen's ranch and stealing/killing his cattle - that's the totality of my support. You are habitually using ad hominem attacks and the fallacy of association to smear individuals and entire groups. You should be embarrassed but I know you are proud of it.

Their idea of Christianity is politics and rebellion, not Christ. And it's about time someone spoke up about it.

Philly Dawg, how can I make you understand? You are so deeply into bashing people I don't think you care anymore. You aren't "speaking up about it" you are creating a Straw Man that you can rail against. It excites a few ignorant people and you feel justified. The Republicans, the Tea Party, and Conservatives aren't for "rebellion" and you know it. When the Tea Party has dozens of peaceful rallies, that isn't rebellion - they want laws to be obeyed by our own government.

He's grasping at straws calling these people Christian or good people. There is not one of you who would fix their mouth to claim Christ would be in support of these people. NOT ONE!

Never called anyone "Christian" or "good people". And further, how do you know what people believe. All you do is cast dispersions of evil intent and practice your trade of guilt by association. The statement above is yours - it is an ad hominem attack and a smear. You set up a false argument (the Tea Party and Republicans want to kill Federal troops) and then announce no Christian would ever support these people? Why? Because "These people are crazy, or as Liebernan put it, NUTS! They're not Christian or Patriots no matter what flag they wave." You Philly Dawg are heaping your unfounded hateful rhetoric upon groups of people, people you know nothing about. Consider what racists do ... they heap their hatred upon groups and individuals, without cause, so as to demean and dehumanize them so as to invoke similar hatred in others. The racists do it and you do it - how are you better than them? How are you Christ-like with your false assertions and smears? You aren't is the correct answer.

I wonder what he'll say if a Federal agent gets killed by these radical nuts that have come to Bundy's ranch. Will he say it was their own fault for having a job in land development? Will he say they were Terrorists? Will he say they were Democrats so it's justified? or will he say it's Hillary's fault? Joe Biden's fault?  Obamacare? Diane said it right. Enablers! And they share in the blame

So, you've got it all figured out? You know exactly what other people will say. Of course you don't care what they think, you're going to give them your Straw Man opinion for  them. I would like to be nice to you Philly Dawg, but you really are pathetic. I'm not trying to hurt you - but that is how you present yourself. I know you will again present a mindless attack and smear - and for that I do feel sorry for you.
Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!

John

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 01:03:22 AM »
I'm not trying to silence anyone. I simply gave my opinion.

Hello again, Walt. Your opinion? Do you think your opinion includes calling me a "racist sympathizer"? You don't get to slander people under the guise of it being your "opinion".

So, Walt, where is your apology. I'm waiting.

NoMass

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 01:35:26 AM »
To be fair, people have a right to be racist, bigoted, fascist or even a sympathizer. I'm not saying anyone here is (I want to make that clear), just that they have a right to hate Blacks, Muslims, Jews. Polls, Mexicans or whomever. They have a right to think Donald Sterling or Bundy is misrepresented or that they are good Christians or Republicans or the Tea Party or whatever, without everyone jumping on them. I don't like John's opinion, but I believe in the constitution and that he is entitled to it.

And how come my friends aren't allowed on this forum?

John

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 02:39:18 AM »
Did I have to know Hitler to know he was a maniac, racist and fanatic nationalist? Of course not, and to even imply that shows ignorance or blindness, take your pick. I don't have to know Rancher Bundy to know he is a Racist any more than you have to know Joe Biden in order to declare he was playing games when he claimed the Republican Party wants to "put you all back in chains."

Actually Hitler was much admired by the Left, as was Mussolini, and Stalin. But that's another topic for another day. Hitler was known by his words and actions ... things normal people use to judge others. I judge the Rancher by that standard ... I don't defend the wrongness of his statement and I do draw a line between racist people and racially insensitive language. You don't or are incapable to do so.

It is interesting how you are quick to determine the rancher to be unquestionably a racist but Biden to be "playing games". One can argue that Biden made the false charge (which only applies to Democrats) in a room full of Blacks because he believes them to be too unsophisticated to know they are being played. In other words, Biden considers his audience to be inferior intellectually ... which is certainly the definition of a racist. But wait there's more: In 2007 Biden said this about Obama: “first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.”  Is that racist? What does he mean by saying "articulate" and "bright"? In 2006 he said:  “you cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin’ Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I’m not joking.” Is that insensitive or racist? Do you know the difference?

Sure, when you retract your statement that Bundy made no racist statements. So I guess that's that. Bundy's a Racist, and the Tea Party is Chock full of Nuts

I've already made my point and you have no point. You can call the rancher a racist - that's your privilege, I've already defined what racism is and it doesn't fit the rancher, so do whatever you like, it's a free country. Your ignorant and slanderous Tea Party comment is yours to own too. You've called the Republican and Tea Party racist ... without proof, none whatsoever. What do you call people who defame others without proof? It's called slander. You'll want to get more familiar with the term because that's what you do.

No, we all call Bundy a Racist. Just as we all call Donald Sterling a racist. There's not an ounce of difference between these two Republican nut cases.

All evidence is that Sterling is neither an active Republican nor Democrat -- he has given large donations to the NAACP and other Leftist groups, and some Republicans, so he's only a Republican for the purposes of your invective. At best he's an opportunist - the NAACP money was going to get him a big award (considering his blatant racist actions in the past apparently the NAACP will overlook racism if the money is right).

But anyway, there is a difference between the rancher and Sterling, and it's worth noting. The rancher has no history of bigotry or racism, Sterling does. The rancher's made an analogy between Slavery being preferable to the crime-ridden inner-city welfare state, which was inaccurate and inflammatory. Life under slavery was not better than the worst conditions in ghetto, so it was stupid. But what he didn't say, which is the key, was that he wanted Blacks to return to slavery - he was trying to make a point that has been missed by most (in their rush to judgment). His actual point was lost. Many inner-city Blacks have it bad (not as bad as Slavery, which is where the rancher went wrong) though the situation is horrific today, and he, the rancher, wants the wasting of Black youth and destruction of the Black family to end.

Those who say the rancher is just like Sterling, are broad brushing it to make their political points against Republicans. Thus, suddenly Sterling is a Republican, when obviously the Leftist NAACP isn't going to bestow an award on a Republican. But it's politics and whatever mud that can be slung will be. Few care to think or reason anymore. The NAACP has already decided that Sterling is worthy of forgiveness, as they know, in their words, that "those words don't reflect his heart". You see, Liberals can act and speak like racists (just ask Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton), but as Liberals, they have the best intentions, a good heart, and we can forgive them.

Just to be clear, many leader in the NAACP are out-and-out racists. You can get a sense for their hatred (it sounds like Philly Dawg to me):

The chairman of the NAACP from 1998 to 2000 said: Republicans are “the white people’s party” and “a crazed swarm of right-wing locusts,” America morphs into a place where “white supremacy” is “everywhere,” and the George W. Bush Administration exemplifies a regime “whose devotion to the Confederacy is nearly canine in its uncritical affection.” 

But the old Republican farmer will get no such sympathy or forgiveness. Why would the NAACP forgive a "crazed swarm of right-wing locusts". You'll also note if you are a careful observer of the politics of persuasion, the racially derogatory words used by the NAACP is meant chiefly to dehumanize their enemy. It is meant to make you want to hate the Republicans, after all who would want to vote for white supremacists? Exact same defamatory mind-games used by Hitler against the Jews and others they wished to marginalize. People were labeled evil, enemies of the common man, and less than human. Hitler’s Socialists Party and the socialist in the Democrat Party have a some things in common after all.

Here's what the Dallas NAACP chapter had to say (no he wasn't  removed from office or called a racist - don't be silly, he's a Liberal): We “need to be suspicious of any kind of partnerships between the Jews at that kind of level because we know that their interest primarily has to do with, you know, money and these kind of things.”  He was talking about Joe Lieberman running with Al Gore in 2000. Sure most of the  NAACP is racist - and their members condone such language by their silent approval. No one inside that organization has walked away from the NAACP - and they have a long list of racist and hateful comments.

So, nothing new under the sun. Democrats will forgive anyone as long as they hate the same people (and give them large donations).

Unfortunately, you've made your bed with racists, now lie in it.

I've done what you should have done, but are incapable of doing - being honest. The definition of a racist is (again): Prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one’s own race is superior So, I challenge you and all the others who have engage in personal attacks and smears to focus for a moment and show me how the rancher's statement fulfills the real definition of a racist.

Sorry rhetoric and slander isn't allowed - so have it. I'm waiting.

Oh, and I also note that you say I'm in bed with "racists" - plural? So, that means you have (is there any surprise), though the magic of slander and ad hominem attack, declared me to be the supporter of Donald Sterling. As you said, "No, we all call Bundy a Racist. Just as we all call Donald Sterling a racist" Do you feel ashamed when you lie? Do you feel embarrassed when you slander people and groups of people? From my vantage point, it appear clearly that your hatred has carried you way past the point where you care about honesty or integrity. 

I'm still waiting for your apology Lieberman. I'm serious. Will you make more excuses for your slander or will you take responsibility?

john

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]