[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Why are Muslim Women so much more Modest than Christian Women?  (Read 10890 times)

Kyle

• I'm a llama!
Re: Why are Muslim Women so much more Modest than Christian Women?
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2015, 11:40:15 AM »
Christian men do not dress like Muslim men and yet know one questions their dress and grooming.
Modesty is the principle that all Christians strive to attain to.

Christian men do not go to church in skin tight pants, breasts hanging out, bright red lipstick or short skirts either. It's not about style of dress, it's about immoral dress. What the world does is one thing, what Christians should do is another.

I don't think Christian men should go shirtless in front of other women either, but that's not the point. Do you ever see a shirtless man in church? I doubt it. Those are generally unbelievers (who I'm not talking about). I'm talking about believers, or people who say they are Christians. They should be held to a higher standard don't you think? And Christian women are no exception to God's rule concerning moral dress or humility.

1st Timothy 2:9-10
"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works".

That about sums it up, don't you think?

Maryam

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »

to stay on topic :

Can I assume you were taught modesty by accepting what is in your book, or taught by your parents or your leaders teachings, rather than blindly follow society?

I wasn't taught the Bible as a child. Sure, i went to church with my father and grandparents, i had some catechism classes, but i was never taught the what is actually in the scriptures. I only seriously started to study the Bible as a young adult.

But i grew up in an upperclass, oldblood families environment, and went to an all girls boarding school, so wearing mini skirts has never once gone through my mind.
I was supposed to 'hold my rank', dress with 'good taste' and not ridicule myself by dressing like 'peasants'.

Jeremy

« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2016, 01:31:29 PM »

Hi,
  I don't want to get off topic, But I'm impressed that at least you're not afraid to make a comment like the "Christian" women around here. I don't know if you read my post or not, but I have steadfastly argued about this modesty issue and the Christian women here simply don't have anything to say because they don't want to admit that they don't want to give up their provocative way of dressing.

:-X,  but Interesting   :)

Betty

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2016, 10:34:34 AM »
But i grew up in an upperclass, oldblood families environment, and went to an all girls boarding school, so wearing mini skirts has never once gone through my mind.
I was supposed to 'hold my rank', dress with 'good taste' and not ridicule myself by dressing like 'peasants'.

Which is why I never liked conservatives, they're so full of themselves.  ::)

R. Anspach

• No condemnation for those who are in Christ
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2016, 08:15:42 AM »
I would say that Muslim women are so much more modest than Christian women because their religion has what Christianity no longer has. They are taught that discipline in dress at an early age and for the most part they don't stray from it. Christianity seems to has no such teaching discipline anymore, in fact it seems to reject any criticism or law of immodesty as a attack on Christian liberty or a form of legalism. If a Christian says anything about immodest dress, the first thing they hear from other Christians is that times have changed or don't judge

I Tim. 2:9
"In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array."

In like manner means with the very same regard to what Christianity demands. In other words, women have the same duty or obligation to God to adorn themselves with modesty and discretion.
"But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith." Galatians 3:11

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2016, 05:37:38 AM »
I would say that Muslim women are so much more modest than Christian women because their religion has what Christianity no longer has. They are taught that discipline in dress at an early age and for the most part they don't stray from it.

In a word, "training". Isn't that what God told Christians to do also?

Proverbs 22:6
 "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Bring your children up with Godliness, virtue, modesty and fear of God and he will continue to have these traits later on in life. This doesn't mean there are no exceptions, but it is a general rule that holds true. For Muslims, Christians, everyone. God's proverbs were wise then and are wise now. You'd have to be blind not to "notice" that bad parenting makes for bad children, hoodlum parents have hoodlum kids, entitled parents have entitled kids, racist parents produce racist kids, dishonest parents produce dishonest kids, and so on and so forth. The old expression is true that "The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree." Training.

Chicago Bear

• A Chicagoan Named Bear
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2016, 12:55:19 PM »
I would say that Muslim women are so much more modest than Christian women because their religion has what Christianity no longer has. They are taught that discipline in dress at an early age and for the most part they don't stray from it.

Proverbs 22:6
 "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Amen! Muslims understand that, Christians think that would be bad parenting, a violation of chilldren's liberty or brainwashing.  ::)

Luke 16:8
"And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light."
Either the Bible will Keep you from Sin, or sin will keep you from the Bible

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2016, 03:01:03 AM »

Proverbs 22:6

Amen! Muslims understand that, Christians think that would be bad parenting, a violation of chilldren's liberty or brainwashing.  ::)

Luke 16:8
"And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light."

Ooooh! Well said. I do love the Apologetics category here. But careful there, the church may sanction you for that.

Reformed Baptist

• Reformed Baptists
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2017, 02:15:38 PM »
Muslims get some things right. Training and modesty is a couple of them that Christians seem to have forgotten over the years.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]