[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: What Does 'The Love Of Many Shall Wax Cold' Mean?  (Read 15220 times)

Frank Mortimer

Re: The Love of Many Shall Wax Cold
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2016, 04:09:52 AM »
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible

"And because iniquity shall abound,.... Meaning, either the malice and wickedness of outrageous persecutors, which should greatly increase; or the treachery and hatred of the apostates; or the errors and heresies of false teachers; or the wickedness that prevailed in the lives and conversations of some, that were called Christians: for each of these seem to be hinted at in the context, and may be all included, as making up the abounding iniquity here spoken of; the consequence of which would be,

the love of many shall wax cold. This would be the case of many, but not of all; for in the midst of this abounding iniquity, there were some, the ardour of whose love to Christ, to his Gospel, and to the saints, did not abate: but then there were many, whose zeal for Christ, through the violence of persecution, was greatly damped; and through the treachery of false brethren, were shy of the saints themselves, not knowing who to trust; and through the principles of the false teachers, the power of godliness, and the vital heat of religion, were almost lost; and through a love of the world, and of carnal ease and pleasure, love to the saints was grown very chill, and greatly left; as the instances of Demas, and those that forsook the Apostle Paul, at his first answer before Nero, show. This might be true of such, who were real believers in Christ; who might fall under great decays, through the prevalence of iniquity; since it does not say their love shall be lost, but wax cold."

[end]

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2016, 06:59:15 AM »
>>>
Lots of speculation but no facts.
<<<

Oh I guess it depends upon what you call facts. There are things many people call facts (Evolution, Premillennialism, Charismatism, etc.) and then there are Biblical facts. It appears to me that you don't think that our Biblical facts are good enough to compete with your worldly dictionary defining what love is, who has it, and how it can grow cold "because of" transgressions of the law. Did you even consider the authority, context, content and setting that is in view?

Matthew 24:11-12
  • "And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
  • And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold."

The wickedness that deceives Christ's people (whom He is speaking to) and is caused by lawlessness so that God's love decreases, comes from false prophets that reside among them--not from callous doctors, terrorists, politicians, world leaders or from a lack of sentimentality from the unsaved in the world. Abominations and lawlessness of the people of the world has always been with us in varying degrees and at different times. That's not a sign of the end to God's people. But the grand scale of the world-wide fall of the church, that we cannot have until Satan is loosed and goes forth to deceive the world (Revelation 20), is a Biblical fact that is indisputable and certain. All the people from the four corners of the earth shall be gathered together against her. Now that's a sign! Moreover, a fact is defined as "something that is indisputably the case." In Biblical terms, that would be anything that God says. ...including the fact that love is characterized by His people being obedient to His word.

1st John 2:5
  • "But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."

What is Love?

2n John 1:6
  • "And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it."

Just so we're clear here, according to God, that is a Biblical fact. That is Love. Maybe not a fact that many want to hear, but a Biblical fact nonetheless. ...as opposed to personal opinion.

>>>
What proof do you have that Christ wasn't talking about the love all over the world would turn cold?
<<<

I'm assuming you mean love in the unsaved of the world, so my answer would be the fact that in God's economy, there is no love all over the world that might grow cold. The world hates everything that God stands for, there is not one that does good according to God. Again, search the context of Christ's words. The love prophesied to grow cold is not in the unsaved of the world, but among His people in His church. Because false prophets will deceive them so that they transgress the law. That's the whole point of Christ's warnings--that even though false prophets will teach lawlessness all around us, if "we" endure to the end through this, we shall be saved. If we are not deceived by the man of sin seated in God's house, but remain faithful to our God who is on the throne, and keep His word, then "there" is the "LOVE" of God perfected in us.

Here is the patience and faith of the saints.

That we endure and stand far off from the abominations we see standing in the Holy Place. You ask for proof and I testify to you that it is the Holy Spirit alone that provides proof of both abominations and faithfulness that God's word is true, authoritative and unadulterated. It is not I, it is not you, and it is not any other man.

Genesis 41:16
  • "And Joseph answered Pharaoh, saying, It is not in me: God shall give Pharaoh an answer of peace."

It is not in me, I of myself could prove nothing of God's word to anyone, it must be by divine decree.

1st John 2:27
  • "But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

I can't teach you anything, but he who has the Holy Spirit (1st John 2:20) has the  investiture of God to know what is truth and what is man's opinion. The unction of the Holy Spirit is your proof.

>>>
Just look at the world today and it fits perfectly.
<<<

Just look at the world yesterday and it fits perfectly, or just look at the world tomorrow and it will fit perfectly. Just look at the 7 hills of Rome and it fits perfectly with the 7 mountains. Except none of it does. There have always been horrible acts, wars, famines, ethnic cleansing, earthquakes, hunger, plagues, subjugation, etc., etc. The signs Christ was talking about are as God defines them, not the world.

Isaiah 55:8
  • "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD."

God defines love, hate, peace, war, israel, gentiles, man of sin, etc., in an entirely different way than the world does. His word interprets His word. The Bible is its own commentary and often even its own dictionary. You keep attempting to define terms by TV preachers, dispensational ideas and sensationalism. God doesn't define love as worldly sentiment or the occasional times man is not as evil as he otherwise might be. God is love and His people are those who have that love and have been commissioned to faithfully send it forth to the ends of the world. THAT is the love that is growing cold. Obedience to His word.

Revelation 14:12
  • "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus."

Where is the patience and faith of the saints? Where are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Christ?  Where are those who have love. Faithfulness is the perfection of Love.

>>>
There's now no love in the world, there is hatred everywhere you look. The terrorists have brought war on a worldwide basis.
<<<

I would disagree. As long as there are true believers in the world, there will always be love in the world. But is has grown cold in many so that (As Elijah) thought that He alone was left, God has reserved a remnant who have not bowed the knee to the beast, the man of sin.

Revelation 13:18
  • "Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

Not the umber of [a] man, but the number of man (as in mankind). Wisdom is in counting that number as those of the church who have fallen (been marked) as servants of the beast.

>>>
There use to be love for children
<<<

Was that in the days where God records women were eating their children in the days of terrible famine? Again, there will always be evil in the world, right up until the coming return of Christ. But that's not the question. The question is, is this evil in the world a sign of the end when there has always been atrocities and evil in the world, or is it a very different lack of love that Christ was addressing in Matthew 24. Is Christ warning us to beware the abominations in the world or to beware the abominations in our own house?

>>>
II Timothy 3:2-4
"For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;."

That's for Erik who says I never provide scripture, which obviously isn't true.
<<<

However, as seems normative with you (I'm sorry to say), you stopped just one verse short, cutting off the context delineating not only who He was talking about, but their position and deceiving character in the church.

2nd Timothy 3:5-8
  • "Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
  • For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
  • Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
  • Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith."

They appear to be Christians on the outside, but they have no knowledge of truth. Why? Because they wouldn't receive the love of the truth that they might be saved (2nd Thessalonians 2:9-10). In other words, these are those in the congregation with only a form of Godliness, just as those wicked who were in the congregation of old who withstood Moses (e.g. provided). They have an outward appearance of Godliness, but their defining characteristic is that they are lawless. Each one a man of sin who denies the power of God forsaking the authority of His holy word. Selah.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2016, 07:13:00 AM »
>>>
Erik and Tony, so you're saying that the love growing cold in the world has nothing to do with Matthew?
<<<

I'm "clearly" saying that the love growing cold that Christ was addressing in Matthew was in the congregation, and the reason that it was growing cold "there" was because of iniquity (lawlessness) abounding. In other words, the people of God's house were not being faithful to the laws of God. Instead of the man of righteousness ruling there, the man of sin (lawlessness) rules there. The agape love or benevolent testimony of the Gospel that once was so prevalent there is now all but silenced. The testimony all but over. Not that Christ hasn't warned the church about this in many diverse ways before:

Revelation 2:4-5
  • "Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
  • Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent."

The love had been abandoned in this church. Not love as defined by the world, but as defined by God. This message (example) in the church of Ephesus has been all but ignored in our day. As this love grows cold, the churches continue to fall away from it. It indeed has been abandoned in church after church. But you'd better believe that God will keep His promise and remove their church out of its place if there is no repentance. ...and there is none as far as I can see.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • Psalms 52:8
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2016, 07:36:31 AM »

Also, Very interesting reading here on this Reformed site

State of the Church: Introduction. "Love growing cold"

https://the-end-time.blogspot.com/2011/12/state-of-church-introduction-love.html

Mila Ostrovsky

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2016, 10:06:46 AM »
God doesn't define love as worldly sentiment or the occasional times man is not as evil as he otherwise might be. God is love and His people are those who have that love and have been commissioned to faithfully send it forth to the ends of the world. THAT is the love that is growing cold.

Evangelism isn't growing cold, it's a frozen iceberg! No one evangelizes anymore, they feel entitled by a name so that they are safe by joining the club. I mean to say virtually no one evangelizes, not literally no one. Christians today are more a outward association, a social organization or clique or guild. There's very little trying to spread the gospel so that lost souls will be saved. That love is a thing of the past, and beneath modern Christians.

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2016, 05:00:52 AM »
Mila, Have you been listening to the Tony Mantra and been brainwashed also? We all evangelize. My church evangelizes. The church is actually growing, and here's proof.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/a.growing.church.why.we.should.focus.on.the.bigger.picture/49362.htm

Don't be deceived. The only thing cold around here are people who spiritualize everything and don't take the word seriously..

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »
We all evangelize. My church evangelizes. The church is actually growing,

Fred, Fred, Fred....

Of course, the number of church are growing based on the rise of false prophets and christs!  They may "evangelizes" but lacks the power of Salvation due to lack of the Love of the Truth.  Many false prophets and christs deceive many that some went out telling us that their desolated church is filled with Christ or power of Holy Spirit that the Elects could see that Christ is no longer there.

Mat 24:23-26 KJV
[23]  Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
[24]  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
[25]  Behold, I have told you before.
[26]  Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

Don't be deceived. The only thing cold around here are people who spiritualize everything and don't take the word seriously..

Obviously you do not know love Jesus talked about that wax cold.

Mat 24:11-13 KJV
[11]  And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
[12]  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
[13]  But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Love waxes cold because iniquity abound. Do you even know or understand what iniquity is, Fred?

Erik
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Fred

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2016, 07:29:10 AM »
We all evangelize. My church evangelizes. The church is actually growing,

Fred, Fred, Fred....

Of course, the number of church are growing

Then why are you and a small number of posters here telling everyone the church is declining? It can't be both growing and declininfg at the same time. That means you are wrong, the church is being extened to the nations.

They may "evangelizes" but lacks the power of Salvation due to lack of the Love of the Truth.

How do you know who loves the truth, do you have a crystal ball? If the churches are growing, there must be some that are preaching the truth.

Mat 24:26 KJV
 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

In secret means concealed in some house, but the church growth today is not in secret, it is openly seen. So this is not talking about the churches today. You are wrong again.

Obviously you do not know love Jesus talked about that wax cold.

Erik

Yes I do. It's the absence of righteousness in the world. Wars, murders, abortions, liberals, sexual immorality all that we see in the world growing today.

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2016, 10:44:08 AM »
>>>
What proof do you have that Christ wasn't talking about the love all over the world would turn cold?
<<<

I'm assuming you mean love in the unsaved of the world, so my answer would be the fact that in God's economy, there is no love all over the world that might grow cold. The world hates everything that God stands for, there is not one that does good according to God.

That doesn't answer my question.  What proof do you have that Christ wasn't talking about the love all over the world would turn cold?

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2016, 11:40:21 AM »
That doesn't answer my question.

It is because you did not like the answer. You just can't receive it.  For example, you asked for a proof like...

Tony just provided you the Scripture:

Quote from: Tony Warren

Mark 13:14
"But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:"

This is an example of iniquity abounding instead of love, an example of the love of God growing cold where God's people have forsaken Him to allow abominations to flourish in His house. Love, as God defines it, would not permit these things God detests to stand in the holy place, it is only the forsaking of God, the abandonment of truth in love that allows this. Love is revealed in our remaining faithful to God's commandments. It is "this" that Christ teaches us will grow cold.

Hebrews 6:10
"For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister."

1t John 2:4
"He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."

1st John 2:5
"But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him."

1st John 5:2
"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments."

1st John 5:3
"For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous."

2nd John 1:6
"And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it."

This is God's definition of love--our faithfulness to His word, recognizing it as the righteous and supreme authority that it is.

Nothing to do with love you find in the world apart from Christ's Church.  The people of the world never had love of Truth in the first place, Selah!  The love of God only applies to the children of His Kingdom, the church, which wax cold in the time of the end because of transgressions of God's law therein!  Not in the world.  The unfaithful church is only place where abomination of Desolation can stands where it ought NOT! Again, not in the world! You are coming up with wrong definition of love and looking at the wrong place, George.
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2016, 12:10:13 PM »
Quote from: Fred
Then why are you and a small number of posters here telling everyone the church is declining?

Would that be because we can see the signs of time that you can't? 

It can't be both growing and declininfg at the same time. 

The church may growing physically, but are increasingly spiritual desolation.

How do you know who loves the truth, do you have a crystal ball?   

I have the 66 books of the Bible - the Living Word of God.

Joh 14:26 KJV
[26]  But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1Co 2:12-14 KJV
[12]  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
[13]  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
[14]  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

What made you think you will find truth from a ball of glass made by man, Fred?

If the churches are growing, there must be some that are preaching the truth.

Really? Perhaps, you should start with your own church. Does she preach the Truth? Based on your doctrines and statements you made here every since,  I afraid not.

In secret means concealed in some house, but the church growth today is not in secret, it is openly seen. So this is not talking about the churches today. You are wrong again.

You are incorrect!  This has NOTHING to do with growth of church, but rather Christ is not found out there in their church. When Christ talked about secret chambers, He talked about the false Christians claiming that Christ is there with them in their church, but Christ is hidden so you DO NOT see Him. In other words, "if you don't see Christ in their church, don't go there expecting Him" just because someone said He is there.  That is why people are telling us that Christ is here and there among their church, even though they can't or don't see Him. We don't go there!

Go read this and enlighten yourself:

http://www.mountainretreatorg.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=2873.msg30767#msg30767

Yes I do. It's the absence of righteousness in the world. Wars, murders, abortions, liberals, sexual immorality all that we see in the world growing today.

You are looking at the wrong place. The love that can wax cold because of the transgression of God's People within His House, the Church.  NOT the world! 

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2016, 12:21:27 PM »
>>>
I'm assuming you mean love in the unsaved of the world, so my answer would be the fact that in God's economy, there is no love all over the world that might grow cold. The world hates everything that God stands for, there is not one that does good according to God.

That doesn't answer my question.
<<<

To be honest, I didn't think that it would--but that doesn't mean that it wasn't an answer to your question. Like Erik said, you just didn't like the answer. In reality, it does answer the question because (as stated) there was no love of God in the world that could grow cold in the first instance, there was only the love of God commissioned in the churches. This is what can grow cold as iniquity abounds. ...as indeed God demonstrated in the church at Ephesus when God warned it that it was fallen and had left its first love. The messenger of the church had, not the people outside the church. So then, that love that this messenger of the church at Ephesus had obviously left, was the same love Christ foretold was a sign of the end time. The love in the church growing cold, not the world's love that was always cold.

Revelation 2:4
  • "Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love."

He said this to the messenger of the church. When you compare scripture with scripture and find out what love this was that the messenger had left, you will understand what love grows cold because of iniquity (disobedience) increasing. It is the lack of love where there is no self-sacrifice because Christians become selfish, worldly, looking out only for themselves rather than the lost sheep. The love that today's church finds burdensome. Very few are taking up their cross and following Christ today, and this is the love that has grown cold. Lawlessness abounds because few are obedient to God's great mission for us.

John 15:12-14
  • "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
  • Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
  • Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you."

None of this is any proof to you because like so many Premillennarians/Dispensationalists you have your eyes on the world instead of the prize. You don't compare Scripture with Scripture, you compare Scripture with history or the physical events in the world. Just like the Judaizers did and thus couldn't recognize the signs (John 5:39) of the coming of the Messiah in their day. That's why you look to events like 70 A.D., one world government, happenings in 1948, political leaders, the super man of sin who is to rule, the middle east, and all such worldly events. In doing so, you miss the forest for the trees. Strain at a gnat and swallow a Camel.

>>>
<<<

1st John 2:15
  • "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him."

The people of the world have no love of God. The Love of God is not found in the world that it might grow cold, it is found in the church. selah! The Holy Bible says that we cannot love both God and the world together. So then, there is no love of God in the world that could grow cold because iniquity abounds.  By definition it must be the love God commissioned and commanded in the church--that is the holy place where this love is suppose to reside. Thus when you see Christians leaving their first love, when you see love there growing cold, when you see the lawless man ruling where he ought not, when you see abomination stand in this holy place, flee to God's Holy Mountain Retreat. Not to the Worldbook Encyclopedia, not to Jewish fables, delusions of grandeur, history books, not to Websters dictionary defining love or the Internet's vision of a growing churches, but to the only peace and safety that there is for Israel. We (the church) cannot serve two masters because we will "love" the one and hate the other. The same with the world. When we aren't serving God in the churches, where is the love of God? It is replaced by the increase of worldliness (iniquity) and disobedience to the God. The love that is suppose to be there growing cold (as indeed it is today).

...what proof do I have? God says when "YOU" see, not when I tell you. Meaning it is not in me, it is the Spirit in you that reveals the truth of these things or that moves one to the rejection of these things. The thing is, they are two very different spirits.

Revelation 3:6
  • "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

As it was to the church then, so it is to the church now. He that has an ear will hear what the Spirit says to the churches. The rest will call it foolishness, deny it and continue to plead for proof.  As indeed the Judaizers plead for it.

John 2:18-19
  • "Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
  • Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up."

Christ truly gave them the sign and proof. But to this day, they still don't look upon this as either a sign or proof.

...as saith the preacher, there is nothing new under the sun.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

George

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2017, 11:14:25 AM »
None of this is any proof to you because like so many Premillennarians/Dispensationalists you have your eyes on the world instead of the prize.

Nonsense, I have my eyes in the bible and that's how I know God still loves the people of Israel, and Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 ad, and love is growing cold in the world. How else would you explain the hatred of Trump, the persecution of Israel, the homosexuals in the media and your attacks on the Dispensational brethren? It's sure not love.

I believe Jesus is alluding to the seven year Tribulation period that will begin just after the Rapture of His Church. This “loveless” generation Jesus speaks about comes into being after the Rapture. At this time all societies will gradually degenerate and ultimately become a world of overwhelming depravity. A blind man can see that. Why not you?

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2017, 03:45:16 AM »
Nonsense, I have my eyes in the bible and that's how I know God still loves the people of Israel

He sure does. But it's not the Israel that despises His only begotten Son. It'sthe Israel of God.

But the topic here is how the Love will wax cold because of Iniquity, not the politics of Trump.

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2017, 08:58:50 AM »
Nonsense, I have my eyes in the bible and that's how I know God still loves the people of Israel, and Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 ad

Let's try a different tact George. God does love the children of Israel. On that we all agree. What we don't agree on is  who are God's children Israel. Children of the flesh or children of the spirit? God already answered that question.

Romans 9:6-8
"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.

That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed".

Do you agree with God on this? I would actually like an answer, I know you seldom give one.

and Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 ad,

If that is true then why does the Bible say Jerusalem was in bondage with her children long before 70 ad.

Galatians 4:25
"For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children."

Doesn't this teach us Jerusalem was already judged of God and her children already in bondage? Doesn't this prove Jerusalem was already left desolate and only the Jerusalem from above was validated as God's children?

I believe Jesus is alluding to the seven year Tribulation period that will begin just after the Rapture of His Church.

I left out the politics. But I don't read any of this in the Bible George. For now let's just stick to what the Bible says and leave politics out of it. I don't want to get into the media, Trump or the politics of national Israel, just the Bible.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]