[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: They Shall Be Tormented Five Months  (Read 1335 times)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
Re: They Shall Be Tormented Five Months
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2017, 08:07:34 AM »
>>>
Tony, so you equate the sleeping 10 virgins to the 5 months?
<<<

No, actually I don't. I equate the 10 virgins to God's portrait of the whole church, and the 5 months to the great tribulation of that church. The great tribulation has to occur while the saints are still within the church, not after they are dead or called out of it. Such an interpretation would be disjointed, inconsistent and contradictory. The five wise virgins come through this great Tribulation and they love not their lives unto death. The five foolish virgins obviously loved their lives (and thus lifestyles) more than they love Christ because it was "carnal," worldly and they had pleasure in that. With the church being asleep (after the 5 months) those within it that were merely partaking of the spirit by being a member and within the covenanted church, don't have sufficient light, as opposed to the five wise ones having been regenerated by the Spirit to have all the oil and light they need. They made their calling and election sure. So while this is all related, the 5 months does not equate specifically to sleeping virgins. However the aftermath of the tribulation of the church does. It is when they "all" sleep and only five are able to "both" hear the call and have sufficient to respond according to the Spirit.

>>>
...How?
<<<

The 10 virgins are an allegory "representing" the fullness of the church. They are pictured as virgins to "signify" they are supposed to be those pure espoused to Christ. Just as the Candlestick or Lampstand "signifies" those who are supposed to bring the light, but often do not. That there are 10 of them signifies it's the whole congregation.  The number 10, and its multiples (100, 1000, etc) is symbolic of the fullness of whatever is in view. e.g., the ten pieces of silver, the 10 horns, the 10 lepers, the ten servants who were delivered ten pounds, and so on and so forth.

Revelation 2:10
  • "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."

This is a portrait of the church in tribulation 10 days and through it being faithful unto death. The number 10 signifying the fullness of this tribulation period for them. Likewise the 10 virgins signifies the fullness of the church. They are sleeping because in Scripture, sleep is often a synonym for death, and the 10 virgins all being asleep equates to the period just before the return of Christ when all the church is killed. In symbolic terms, being in sleep (those little slices of death) with no control or power to do anything. Five of the church have not the Spirit of Christ, represented by oil for their lamps. They ultimately won't actually attend the wedding because they have not made their calling and election sure. But 5 wise virgins have done so, and thus God has provided sufficiently for their fulfilling the marriage Covenant/Promise.

So no it doesn't equate to the 5 months of great tribulation, but to the 3 1/2 days that the whole church is asleep/dead when the saints are killed, and how only the Lord's true election has the energy to light their way home. The fact that the other 5 are banging on the house door illustrates the time of salvation was over and no one else that wasn't already sealed is getting in. Their seeking it notwithstanding.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Chloe

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2017, 02:27:12 PM »
In symbolic terms, being in sleep (those little slices of death) with no control or power to do anything.

You do a lot of reading don't you.  Best way to educate oneself about the fallen nature of man.

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2017, 08:43:45 AM »
>>>
You do a lot of reading don't you.  Best way to educate oneself about the fallen nature of man.
<<<

Reading is fundamental  :)

If you mean the Bible, yes. It is the best way to educate oneself about not only the fallen nature of man, but the Promise of a restoration in Christ Jesus. How else would one understand the meaning of being conformed to the image of Christ.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2017, 03:41:59 PM »
Quote from: Erik Diamond
>>>[/size]I thought the spiritual period of 5 months might last from opening of bottomless pit to Second Coming. <<<[/color]

And Tony, I re-read all of your posts before I make some modifications to my chart that will be posted later, you seemed to offered two answers on this.  For example:

Quote from: Tony Warren
I believe it [five months] lasts from the opening of the pit to the time when the believers are told to flee to the mountains, or to come out of what has become spiritually Babylon. [/b]After that, it is left desolate. [/size][/font]

You were saying that the 5 months ends when believers are told to flee to the mountain. Not when they were killed. Then you later explained differently:

[quote
author="Tony Warren"]The loosing has two effects. #1. it causes great tribulation to the witnesses and ultimately kills them, but cannot hurt them. #2. it hurts those who haven't made their calling and election sure and brings their house to abominations. Then the 5 months are over,
the two witnesses are killed [/b]and the ruin/desolation of the church takes place.

Now you are saying that the five months ends when two witnesses are killed. Not when they are fleeing to the mountain? And later you stated...

[quote [/size]author="Tony Warren"]The days of their prophesy is whenever they live, and God's testimony from the mouths of these two witnesses have gone on for over 2000 years since the cross, and will continue until they are killed when their testimony finished. Their word has always been a word of salvation and a word of damnation. There is no reason to assume it would stop during the 5 months of great tribulation when things are appreciably worse. No, their testimony is right up
until the time they are killed, particularly in the 5 months, then they are killed and the city falls.[/b]

Okay, you emphasized that the 5 months will end when Two Witnesses are killed. Then you explain  more clearer:

[quote [/size]author="Tony Warren"]The 5 months are within and at the end of the 1260 days. Their testimony is not finished until the 5 months ending of the 1260 days are finished.
The 5 months represent the time the pit is opened until the witnesses are killed, not the 3 1/2 days which is after they are killed and lie asleep or symbolically dead in the street.[/b] [/size]

That makes sense now. I was wondering why did you first suggested that the five month ends when the believers fled to the mountain?

A modification chart coming up... :)
[/font]
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2017, 08:15:48 AM »
>>>
And Tony, I re-read all of your posts before I make some modifications to my chart that will be posted later, you seemed to offered two answers on this.

I was wondering why did you first suggested that the five month ends when the believers fled to the mountain?
<<<

Oh I see what you mean, my statement that I believe it [five months] lasts from the opening of the pit to the time when the believers are told to flee to the mountains, or to come out of what has become spiritually Babylon?. Yeah, that's a misstatement on my part. I meant the five month of tribulation ends when the believers are killed, and "then"  they lay in the streets of that once great city 3 1/2 months, and are revived and flee to the mountain. My mistake.

1. Great Tribulation (5 months, that are within thew 1260 of witnessing)
2. Saints are killed / the daily or continual sacrifice and offering cease.
3. Saints come out from among them (the desolation of the church)

Hope that clarifies things. Thanks for the correction.

"nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren

Erik Diamond

• Affiliate Member
  • We are to God the aroma of Christ. (Eph 5:2)
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2017, 10:58:34 AM »
Yes, thank you, Tony. 
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." (Isaiah 55:8-9)

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]