[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: Is Roman Catholicism a Cult or Arminian Sect?  (Read 14638 times)

Dan

• Dan the Man
Is Roman Catholicism a Cult or Arminian Sect?
« on: June 19, 2003, 10:39:01 AM »
I am shocked that day after day after day we see the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church and its Bishops and Priests caught in some horrible crime or perverse activity including molesting babies, and yet the people of that Church continue to blindly support both the Church and these leaders. Going so far as to cover up their crimes and making excuses for them. Does this lack of understanding of what true Christianity means represent a sign of the beast being loosed, or is it just another downward spiral period in the morality of man? Because I get the impression that you could catch a Priest on camera in the actual act, and Roman Catholics will make excuses for him and claim we're all just out to get them.

Here yesterday we have this Bishop in a hit and run killing of a person with his car, and not only does he run, but after he hears the police are looking for him, he doesn't make himself available until all traces of intoxication are out of his body. And then he doesn't turn himself in period, the police have to come get him. His car window is smashed in like a truck hit it, and he compounds his sins by lying and saying that he didn't know he hit anything. This is not an isolated incident, and I'm not picking on Catholics, this is how the Roman Catholic Church operates. Coverup and conceal. There is absolutely no integrity in that Church and yet even many protestants will defend it.

Why is this Chiurch so popular when this is so obvious to me? Any child can see it has no integrity. So why is it so popular? Is that the real mystery of the harlot Babylon?

Seriously Questioning

Chris

• I'm a llama!
Re: Is Roman Catholicism a Cult or Arminian Sect?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 12:03:02 PM »
Seriously Questioning

That's all well and good, but tell me. What did you expect?

PetriFB

• I'm a llama!
    • Jesus is the Lord
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 06:21:56 AM »
One of my good friend from Finland has written this awesome research about Roman catholic church:

http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Jesusandcatholics

I recommended this research, cause it is very well and expose doctrine of catholic church works of darkness.
Let us accept, that power of God can change us to likeness of Him.

matt205

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 04:16:13 PM »
Since a certain individual has seen fit to rip the Roman Catholic church again, I would like to pose the question to see if all of you believe that Roman Catholicism a cult?

I know that religion itself is sometimes defined as being a cult, but many define a cult as a particular religious group that has as it's authority additional teachings other than the Bible, or that blindly follow one man such as the Pope. Some of you have said JW's, Mormons, and Catholics are cults. I don't think that view is widespread, but I would like to judge from those here just how prevalent the view is among people who frequent this site. So is Roman catholicism a Cult in your view? Your comments are welcomed.

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 05:45:55 PM »
Since a certain individual has seen fit to rip the Roman Catholic church again, I would like to pose the question to see if all of you believe that Roman Catholicism a cult?

Is that a certain individual named Tony Warren? Yes, well he's been anti-Catholic since I've been here so it's no surprise. But I wouldn't judge everyone here by his standards. I think most christians think we are all brethren in need of being unified again.

2 Pet. 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

This is what Catholics have, not condemnation. Vote with love, and against judgemental hypocracy.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 07:59:08 AM »
If someone had told me that there would be more people on this forum who didn't know Roman Catholicism was a cult, than did, I would have said they were dead wrong. Just goes to show what I know. The church really is worse off than we thought, or this forum is attracting more ignorant people.

What A World.

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 02:43:42 PM »
If someone had told me that there would be more people on this forum who didn't know Roman Catholicism was a cult, than did, I would have said they were dead wrong. Just goes to show what I know.

Exactly! The reformed church will become extinct before long. Very few people hold to those old fashioned ideas about Roman Catholicism. It's a kinder Gentler world in which we live. And you think that is wrong and they should condemn our doctrines? The Roman Catholic church isn't a cult, it can trace it's origin all the way back to Peter. You can only trace yours back to Calvin or Luther. It must pain you to know that even on your own forum your old doctrines against the Roman catholic church are dying.  ;D

Jake

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2004, 03:27:16 PM »
Exactly! The reformed church will become extinct before long. Very few people hold to those old fashioned ideas about Roman Catholicism.

You may be right about that Doug, but that doesn't mean that the Churches are becoming more biblical, they're becoming less biblical. So hold tight to the immoral victory of the RCC, it will ring hollow in the end.

Tra Millwood

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2004, 04:49:14 PM »
Is Roman catholicism a cult? You'd have to be blind to not understand that it is. And I see there are quite a few blind people that come here lately. The "without love, you are nothing" crowd.

1. Classical Roman Catholicism holds to the heretical view that salvation involves a combination of faith and our works that justify us.

2. Classical Roman Catholicism holds to the heretical view that people can purge their own sins in purgatory.

3. Classical Roman Catholicism holds to the heretical view that we can pay penance.

4. Classical Roman Catholicism holds to the heretical view that Mary, the human mother of Jesus, was sinless.

5. Classical Roman Catholicism holds to the heretical view that mary is the coredemptrix with our Redeemer, Jesus.

6. Classical Roman Catholicism holds to the heretical view that the traditions of the Roman church are as authoritative as the revealed Word of God.

7. Classical Roman Catholicism holds to the heretical view that the Pope can make infallible declarations.

And that's just the seven I could come up with in the few seconds I am writing this post. And so I repeat, that there are blind and false Christians in this forum, there is no doubt, but the truth isn't hateful, it is necessary.

Scot

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2004, 05:38:39 PM »
2 Pet. 1:7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

This is what Catholics have, not condemnation. Vote with love, and against judgemental hypocracy.

Not condemnation? I thought that the Catholic church pronounces anathema on all who don't hold to her doctrines. At least that's what I've read in their catechism.

Matthias

• My Calvin can burn your servetus
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2004, 12:33:23 AM »
Exactly! The reformed church will become extinct before long. Very few people hold to those old fashioned ideas about Roman Catholicism.

You may be right about that Doug, but that doesn't mean that the Churches are becoming more biblical, they're becoming less biblical. So hold tight to the immoral victory of the RCC, it will ring hollow in the end.

Amen Jake
A soldier in Christ Jesus
and part time tent maker

www.foreknown.com

Matthias

• My Calvin can burn your servetus
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004, 12:39:09 AM »
If someone had told me that there would be more people on this forum who didn't know Roman Catholicism was a cult, than did, I would have said they were dead wrong. Just goes to show what I know.

Exactly! The reformed church will become extinct before long. Very few people hold to those old fashioned ideas about Roman Catholicism. It's a kinder Gentler world in which we live. And you think that is wrong and they should condemn our doctrines? The Roman Catholic church isn't a cult, it can trace it's origin all the way back to Peter. You can only trace yours back to Calvin or Luther. It must pain you to know that even on your own forum your old doctrines against the Roman catholic church are dying.  ;D

Althought Catholism has infected modern Protestantism with its Jesuitical arminian Gospel, do not think that the Reformed Church will EVER be exstinct.  As long as there is life on this earth, the TRUE church of the Lord will remain. It will never be the majority and it will never be comfortable, but the Lord will always have his elect.

Catholism is pagan and evil to the core, and the proof is there for anyone who wants to look for it.

Jeffrey

A soldier in Christ Jesus
and part time tent maker

www.foreknown.com

Tony Warren

• Administrator
  • Affiliate Member
    • The Mountain Retreat
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2004, 09:17:18 AM »
>>>
And that's just the seven I could come up with in the few seconds I am writing this post.
<<<

A nice "complete" spiritual number. Unfortunately, it's not enough for some people. 70 times 70 wouldn't be enough for some people. Nevertheless, the truth of it is self-evident. Roman Catholicism is a heresy of the first order. Those choosing to stick their heads in the proverbial sand, are in a world all their own and certainly cannot be "watching" as they were commanded to.

>>>
..And so I repeat, that there are blind and false Christians in this forum, there is no doubt, but the truth isn't hateful, it is necessary.
<<<

And that's what many professibng Christians cannot understand. Their ideas of love is to placate anyone who calls themselves Christian, totally overlooking their heretical doctrines, and going by emotions and feelings. This mindset has brought the Churches to the proverbial threshold of hell.

Galatians 2:4
  • "And that because of false brethren unawares brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage:"
Everyone in the church is not saved, and everyone who talks of love and compassion do not have righteous motives. And true love is not appeasing them for the sake of unity. True love is telling them the truth. The truth cannot be anything but love. Those who refuse to receive it, will not receive the truth "peeriod."

2nd Thessalonians 2:10-12
  • "And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
  • And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
  • That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness[/i]."
Hard to believe for some, but there are those professing Christians who refuse to receive the love of truth, or the truth in love. And it is these who will/are deceived, and who will not inherit the kingdom despite their insistence upon loving God and the brethren.

Paul loved His brethren, and that is why He told them of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom he said they crucified. Today of course, Paul's statement would have been received with mouths wide open, and people aghast! He would have been castigated for being insensitive, not politically correct, and told by the Church that he wasn't talking to them in love. Somehow today speaking the truth has become equated with hateful. And speaking the truth in love equated with never making a judgement about anything. To say arminianism is a false gospel that cannot save is hateful, to say homosexuals shall not inherit the Kingdom of heaven is hateful, to say Christians joined by God should remain in the marriage Covenant is hateful, and to say that Roman Catholicism is heresy is hateful. But "it ain't necessarily so."

Galatians 4:16
  • "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Only if they were an enemy of yours from the start. For as Christ said, there are many wolves going about in sheep's clothing. And we don't need to marvel or be surprised at this fact of life.

nosce te ipsum"

Peace,
Tony Warren
"I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah. -Psalms 32:5"

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 12:33:08 AM »
Roman Catholicism is a heresy of the first order. Those choosing to stick their heads in the proverbial sand, are in a world all their own and certainly cannot be "watching" as they were commanded to.

What are you talking about. You wouldn't even have a bible if not for the roman catholic church. You protestants should be thanking us, not teaching your a book is god.

Doug Johnson

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 12:33:47 AM »
You seem saying the Catholic bible has added books is a bad thing, well we're proud of those books. They were not just pulled out of a coat closet, they are just as old and valid as your books of the bible.

And I'll tell you something, you could say that by definition all religious groups are cults. If you don't believe that just get yourself an encyclopeda and look up the meaning of the word.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]