[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The War In Iraq  (Read 59921 times)

Baerchild

Re: The War In Iraq
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2005, 04:10:30 PM »
Reformer,

Re: I'm not justifying Philly Dawg, I'm just making an observation, because frankly I myself can't figure out where you are going with this "Is Islam Satanic" question. Is there a point to it, and why does someone have to ask you what it is? Don't you see that's added to the confusion?
=
Obviously Islam is satanically inspired...when their apologists proclaim confusion, the light of truth is not within their words.  btw, Preterism is also a satanically inspired belief system/doctrine. If Satan has been loosed for a little season, as many believe, what would you expect?  Something other than confusion?

Wake up!

Jim

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2005, 03:45:00 AM »
Sorry Jim,
 The reason for removing Saddam was because he allegedly had WMD. Ironically, today the hunt for WMD was called off, which is an admission that there were none.

Thank You! And that's basically what the Republican from Noth Carolina is saying. We got into this war under false pretenses, and we are continuing it under false pretenses with no exit strategy. When I say that I'm a Bush hater. But when he says it it's somehow legitimate disagreement with the administration? Yeah, I'm using the right word when I call it hypocracy.

I think if anyone got that idea about Islam it was because of your confusing and unfinished posts. You seem to have a strong inclination to confusing people by not fully explaining what you are saying. So some of the responsibility should lie at your own feet. Why are you even asking about Islam being Satanic in a thread about why we went to war with Iraq if you aren't at least implying it?

My question exactly. Jim seems to just throw incomplete thoughts out there and not explain himself. Why he does that, I do not know. Maybe because he doesn't know why we went to war with Iraq anymore than anyone else does, but wants to change the subject from the War in Iraq to Islam and Satan. 

Here is my point Reformer. We've got into this mess by stupidity in the white house. Let's not continue it by the same stupidity. There must be an exit strategy made and it has to be executed intelligently. Otherwise we will leave Iraq 10 times worse than when we found it. And the war mongering crusading fundamentalist christians will pray that Saddam was back in power before it's all over. If we do not act intelligently. And intelligence, both CIA and personal, seems be what is lacking in the white house. What fundamentalists are finding out is what I've said here from the start. Saddam kept the islamic fundamentalists and radicals in check. And who's to say God didn't have him in power just for that purpose? Now we've opened up a can of worms, and can't put the lid back on.

Do I have pride as you accuse? Well we all have pride I guess. But I don't want anyone to grovel just because I was right. I just get sick of the morons who continue to equate Republicans to christianity and Bush as doing God's work. Christ wasn't a politician, nor did he involve himself in matters of the Roman state. All I'm saying is, the stupid idea that "We have to back the republicans if we're christian" is the thinking of those who park their brains at the door.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2005, 03:47:46 AM »
Obviously Islam is satanically inspired...when their apologists proclaim confusion, the light of truth is not within their words.  btw, Preterism is also a satanically inspired belief system/doctrine.

And what has this to do with this topic? The War in Iraq? That's why they have threads.

Baerchild

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2005, 12:35:38 PM »
Obviously Islam is satanically inspired...when their apologists proclaim confusion, the light of truth is not within their words.  btw, Preterism is also a satanically inspired belief system/doctrine.

And what has this to do with this topic? The War in Iraq? That's why they have threads.

Philly Dawg,

I don't think your ideas would be well received by any intelligence agency...even an unintelligent agency would take into consideration the mores, religion, culture, etc. of an opponent...so where does that leave your ideas in the grand scheme of things?

Maybe we should  reason and compromise with these wayward members of this earth's nightclub.  But if for no other reason than Saddam Employed Professional Rapists, his ilk must be destroyed, imo.

Jim 

Gods Child

• another one of God's children
    • The Word of Truth ~ as it is written
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2005, 02:42:07 PM »
I have to say that if we leave now or don't have the elections on time...
1)Iraq will most certainly go to the dogs of war. Either civil or another tyrrany.
2)Alot of good folks, ..men and women will have died for what? More tyrrany?
3)Terrorism will increase (particularly here in USA)..because it will increase their strength and efforts.

If we stay and make sure elections come about...
1)Possibly another free country will arise from it all the death and mayhem.
2)Terrorist will get this point.. (Iraq peoples want peace and freedom)
3)Maybe other countries will also get the point and make a freedom choice of their own free-will.
that last point needs alot of prayer i suppose.

We have to remember, alot of the good stuff being done over there isn't news so it isn't on the news.

just my little ole opinion.. :)

Remember to pray for our nation and our kids and others over there that are fighting for OUR freedoms and rights to peace just as much as Iraq's people.
Pro 1:7 
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2005, 05:57:32 AM »

If we stay and make sure elections come about...
1)Possibly another free country will arise from it all the death and mayhem.

Balderdash! The world doesn't need another free Islamic state. That's a worst-case senario, and that's where this is all heading. If you were educated about Iraq and it's populace, you would know that the majority of Iraqi are radical Shiites and by all rights Shiites, if Iraq's elections are not rigged, should win any legitimate election in Iraq. Bad news for the US.

2)Terrorist will get this point.. (Iraq peoples want peace and freedom)

Balderdash! Terrorists never get the point. Talk to Israel about it. You are living in a dream world, like most fundamentalist republican Christians.

3)Maybe other countries will also get the point and make a freedom choice of their own free-will.
that last point needs alot of prayer i suppose.

I have to grin just to keep from rolling over laughing. You are so naive, just like our President. The only problem is, with him, it's "dangerous" for everyone. I will agree Prayer is needed. For You and people like you.

We have to remember, alot of the good stuff being done over there isn't news so it isn't on the news.

Really? Maybe it's drowned out by the noise of the daily bombings and killings, kidnappings and pipeline bowups, police massacres and Iraqi desertions, roadside bombs and suicide vans, assassinations and beheadings, yadda, yadda, yadda. Or maybe it's just those darn liberal communists in the media who are hiding all this great news you imagine is kept from us. Let's take them all out back and beat the heck out of em!

just my little ole opinion.. :)

My big ole opinion is that if we only had more minds like yours, we'd still be fighting in Vietnam. After all, it was just the liberal media keeping all the good news that the war was going so well from us.  ::)

Miguel Angel Chaparro

• By the Power of His blood. Redeem!
    • Hidden Treasure Gift Shop
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2005, 10:48:23 PM »
I have an opinion and a question at the same time.

Let say that even do we know and heard from prior administrations that they where WMD, that they had the opportunity to do something but for what ever was the reason (I guess it was not our business) they did not confront and remove the problem. We at this point in “ and “ say and believed that all this was a false reason just to get oil and cause other Nations to hate us and that the attack we have on 911 was in any shape form or matter related to Saddan. But we know that Osama have taken full responsibility for these attacks!

OK, know if in all this we found out that “yes” Saddam had WMD and they where spread around the middle east (to be use also in America) before the invasion took place, Note there was a big window to do that “there was many debates at the UN and time was closing on Saddam”.

Would you give credit and respect to whom credit is due, and honor whom honor is due for finding WMD?
Or would still believed is all a lie?   

Psa 48:1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of His holiness.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2005, 03:47:26 AM »
I have an opinion and a question at the same time.

Let say that even do we know and heard from prior administrations that they where WMD, that they had the opportunity to do something but for what ever was the reason (I guess it was not our business) they did not confront and remove the problem.

Let's say that we know that prior administrations knew there were green men on the moon who were making stinky cheese, and didn't send a rocket up to ask him if he would share his green cheese with mice, would that be justification for declaring cheese on earth spoiled?

You make about as much sense as that. And that's my opinion.

Miguel Angel Chaparro

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2005, 11:11:10 AM »
Thank you for your re-ply, but your comparison does not give any help.

Psa 48:1 Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised in the city of our God, in the mountain of His holiness.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2005, 05:07:44 AM »
Thank you for your re-ply, but your comparison does not give any help.

I think it helps others to see that your implication is without merit. There were no WMD, the Bush administratuion has call off the search and all but adnitted that. Even Rice has gone to congress and admitted mistakes,  but a few die-hard-heads just keep talking as if there really are WMD somewhere, and we're all just being played by the brilliant terrorists. It's a false rope to cling to with a bunch of "what ifs."

Miguel Angel Chaparro

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2005, 07:15:00 PM »

There is always two views in any matter one False and the other one True at this point the one that is standing is the false one for they have not yet found out WMD (went to war with no evidence). This is the view that many share and that is ok for it is fare to view it this way with no physical proof (even do he had some WMD and used it against his neighbor). Know there is the other side of the matter which is True and that some times comes at the end of any issue, I asked you a honest and fare question that if they would at any time find WMD would you give credit and honor to whom is due and you could not answer that to me for you just decided to view one side of the matter only and not both or if you are viewing both matters the hate would incline you to decide that all was for gainsaying.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2005, 03:17:54 AM »

There is always two views in any matter one False and the other one True at this point the one that  I asked you a honest and fare question that if they would at any time find WMD would you give credit and honor to whom is due and you could not answer that to me for you just decided to view one side of the matter only and not both or if you are viewing both matters the hate would incline you to decide that all was for gainsaying.

What in blazes are you talking about? Do you even know? See if you can follow this.

1. We went to war on the basis that there were WMD in Iraq
 2. We did not go to war to bring Democracy to Arabs.
 3. We did not go to war with Iraq to fight Terrorists there
 4. The war has brought more Terrorists into Iraq than existed before the war all over
 5. There were no WMD found in Iraq
 6. The people there say they were destroyed years ago
 7. George Bush has stopped looking for WMD and says the hunt is over. Surprize!!!
 8. Fundamentalists like you and the other guy now want to practice revisionism and pretend
    the war was all about helping Iraqis to be free or to fight terrorism
 9. Terrorism that he gave a whole country over to by invading iraq in the first place
 10. The war was never about terrorism, because if George Bush had said that we were going to
       war with Iraq to fight terrorists there, or to bring democracy, he would have never gotten
       the backing of the American people or congress.
 11. That is a fact!  So stop this babble about freeing people, or of someday finding WMD. It's a
       pipe dream

But people like you just never seem to want to face reality. You live in a dream world where everything is colored any way fundamentalists like it. And if anyone objects, it's all because of the media.  ::)
  Well buddy, have a dose of truth once in a while. It's good for you.

Miguel Angel Chaparro

« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2005, 01:48:46 PM »
Thank you, Philly

At this time I will leave it to time for time will tell the truth about it, take care and good day.

In Christ Jesus
MAC

Blade

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2005, 02:08:59 PM »

I asked you a honest and fare question that if they would at any time find WMD would you give credit and honor to whom is due and you could not answer that to me for you just decided to view one side of the matter only and not both or if you are viewing both matters the hate would incline you to decide that all was for gainsaying.

On the other hand, what if we found that there might be an earthquake next year? We can't live by "what if's", we have to live by what we know. And I'm a guy who backed the President in going into Iraq. But I feel now that maybe I was to quick to jump, and maybe it's time to start thinking about getting out.

Diane Moody

• The Kingdom is Within You
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2005, 03:45:48 AM »
I'm a guy who backed the President in going into Iraq. But I feel now that maybe I was to quick to jump, and maybe it's time to start thinking about getting out.

My dad says the same thing.  I think that is a sentiment that almost everyone will have before much longer. Because it just keeps getting worse and worse.

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]