[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: The War In Iraq  (Read 62234 times)

Arnold

• The Spirit is willing, but the Flesh is weak.
Re: The War In Iraq
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2005, 06:38:10 PM »
Jim, one more time, do you believe that America should go around physically attacking all satanically inspired religions? Use your head for something besides holding the hat of political rhetoric.  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

I love how people attempt to justify something that is not justifiable.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Oh yeah, haven't you heard? That's the new Republican and fundamentalist Bugg-A-boo. It was really all about satanic Islam all along. As long as they are Muslims, it's all justified because saying it's about that will take the morons minds off the real reasons for the war. Which was Stupidity  ;D

Keep telling the truth although I'm sure they will try and shut you up by complaining to the moderator.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2005, 11:49:25 AM »
Dawg,  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

You gave me a chuckle today with that picture, even though I'm sure it wasn't your intention. I have to admit, there are some people who don't see when they don't want to and don't hear when they don't want, and it's far from reality.   :-\

Diane,
  Sorry I overlooked your message before, I guess my eyesight must be going bad. You are right of course. Unfortunately, a lot of the time christians and the truth just don't go together. They want to fantasize that this is some glorious God inspired crusade that Bush is waging against Islam, when it's nothing more than short sightedness, ego, arrogance and stupidity. The fact of the matter is, Bush could care less about Islam, his best friends and business partners are Islamic and he's on record as saying it's a good peaceful religion that Christians should get along with. To say this war is about Satanic Islam is just plain ignorant. If it were that simple, then I could understand.

We know the present administration has made a mess of things over there with poor planning. I think even republicans are admitting that now that the election is over.

Speak for yourself. A lot of people "claiming" to be christian wouldn't admit that is true if you held a hot poker to their eye. You can see from the ridiculous things they say in these posts that they hate the truth and justify stupidity by saying Bush is fighting Satanic Islam.

But don't you think leaving now will play right into the terrorists hands? It's like a catch-22 situation. We can't stay, and we really can't leave either.

I think that George Bush has already payed into the terrorists hands by giving them another nation as a home base and of setting free Islamic extreamists to grow more recruits. The dumbest thing Bush could have done is to democratize Iraq. That is to say, if this was really a fight against Islam, as some who claim to be christian want to believe.

I didn't say we should just up and leave tomorrow. That would not be smart. My beef is that these hypocrites campaigned on the platform that they would never be nation builders like President Clinton. The Republicans and christian right cheered and gave their assent. And the first thing they do when they get into office is to attempt to build not one, but two nations. They were even thinking about a third before this mess in Iraq showed their stupidity. They are so inept that they don't even have an exit-strategy. They don't know how they are going to get out of this mess because they are very simplistic and not very very smart. As a result young american men and women will have to keep on dying for nothing for the next four years (at least) while they figure out the inevitable. The point I'm making is, all the resources that we are wasting in Iraq could have been spent on searching for Osama bin Ladin and al-Qaida. Instead, Bush has spread them all over Iraq where they can blend in like white on rice. It was hard enough finding them when they didn't have a country. But you can't tell that to some christians. Because they park their brains at the door of the white house.

Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Baerchild

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2005, 12:23:29 PM »
Oh yeah, haven't you heard? That's the new Republican and fundamentalist Bugg-A-boo. It was really all about satanic Islam all along. As long as they are Muslims, it's all justified because saying it's about that will take the morons minds off the real reasons for the war. Which was Stupidity  ;D

Keep telling the truth although I'm sure they will try and shut you up by complaining to the moderator.
Arnold,

Re: It was really all about satanic Islam all along.
=
After reading the above, I'm not sure if you believe that Islam is satanically inspired or it's only the "morons" who think that way.  Can't look for Philly Dawg's thoughts on the matter...not much going on in that part of his anatomy, sorry to say.  ;)

Jim

Arnold

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2005, 03:38:17 PM »
Diane,

Speak for yourself. A lot of people "claiming" to be christian wouldn't admit that is true if you held a hot poker to their eye. You can see from the ridiculous things they say in these posts that they hate the truth and justify stupidity by saying Bush is fighting Satanic Islam.

I have never found fundamentalist christians to be honest, except in the minority. In fact, some of them are down right nasty, contrary, and childish.

But what I find most ironic is the fundamentalists look at Muslums, who recognize christ somewhat, as Satanic. While these same people look at Jews, who hate christ and don't even recognize him as a prophet, as being the "good people." You never hear anyone say that The Jews are Satanic because they hate Christ. It's always the Muslums who are Satanic. Honest fundamentalist is an oxymoron.

Baerchild

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2005, 03:54:29 PM »
Buddies,

Matthew 24:4-8 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.  For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.  For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
=
Very clearly, we can see these things taking place in today's world..."the beginning of sorrows."  To now bring judgement against those who seem to be carrying out God's Will - A Will of Eternal Patience in allowing sin to continue for one more moment - is indeed a risky place to stand, imo. And from an earthly standpoint, look how they run away from direct confrontation. Will anyone have the courage to answer the following question: Do you believe that Islam is not satanically inspired?

This Forum is obviously designed to function in a more worldly manner...that's good in that we should have a place to comment on world events as they might relate to The Word of God...but hey, Tony has been known to banish a person, from time to time...trust me on this one...for using words like "moron". Just remember, morons need luv too.

The Beginning Of Sorrows would be an interesting thread. I wonder if there's a parallel with the apostacy of today's church?

Jim

Baerchild

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2005, 04:11:30 PM »
Diane,

I have never found fundamentalist christians to be honest, except in the minority. In fact, some of them are down right nasty, contrary, and childish.
Arnold,

You are very perceptive. I couldn't agree more with you and let me add, they're nothing but a bunch of dirty rotten sinners. Isn't it a shame...they don't have your phone number.

But tell us, what would President Arnold have done after 9/11...assuming he wasn't able to stop it in the first place. 

Jim

Arnold

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2005, 04:32:59 PM »
Will anyone have the courage to answer the following question: Do you believe that Islam is not satanically inspired?

It doesn't take courage to answer that question, it takes stupidity. It's the type of question George Bush would ask in order to get support for a war that is going bad. Because he knows people are basically stupid and gullible. The courage would be to do what Philly Dawg did. Be smart and expose the question for the simplistic mindless drivil and fundamentalist rhetoric that it is. A question that has no bearing on this thread, which is the war in Iraq, not the Christians against the Muslums.

that's good in that we should have a place to comment on world events as they might relate to The Word of God...but hey, Tony has been known to banish a person, from time to time...trust me on this one...for using words like "moron". Just remember, morons need luv too.

First of all, I didn't call you a moron. Both Philly and I say the morons are those who park their brains at the door. The fundamentalist morons republicans who don't have a clue about reality. Is that you? Did I use your name? I put out a shoe size, if the shoe fits, wear it.

Arnold

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2005, 04:48:25 PM »

But tell us, what would President Arnold have done after 9/11...assuming he wasn't able to stop it in the first place. 

Jim

9-11 has nothing to do with the war in Iraq. It was in the planning before 9-11. What is wrong with you people!!!!! wake up to reality.

Baerchild

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2005, 08:41:25 PM »
Will anyone have the courage to answer the following question: Do you believe that Islam is not satanically inspired?

"It doesn't take courage to answer that question, it takes stupidity. It's the type of question George Bush would ask in order to get support for a war that is going bad. Because he knows people are basically stupid and gullible. The courage would be to do what Philly Dawg did. Be smart and expose the question for the simplistic mindless drivil and fundamentalist rhetoric that it is. A question that has no bearing on this thread, which is the war in Iraq, not the Christians against the Muslums." Arnold

Arnold,

I do not think that I have ever seen a better example of intellectuaL cowardice...never.  If this were your typical Yahoo Groups Site without any Biblical foundation, I would understand.  I'm curious, are you a Christian?  Do you believe that The Bible is The Word of God? Do you believe that The Lord Jesus Christ was resurrected from the dead?  Are you aware that this is Mountain Retreat? 

No, Arnorld...guys like you and Philly Dawg look like real, pious humanitarians to your ilk when standing with the accusers -- you don't know what I'm getting at, do you? But throw the righteous a tough question and they fall apart...every time.

Remember the question?  Do you believe that Islam is not satanically inspired?  GWB does not, from what I've heard him say.  Yep, it's only a radical faction of Islam which has caused all this mess.  The rest of their believers are peace loving people, just like you, Arnold.

Jim

Baerchild

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2005, 10:55:58 PM »
Miscellaneous Topics
This forum is for discussions of topics which are non christain related, such as computers, general chit chat, recipes, advice, employment, etc.

Dear MR,

Please ignore my last off-topic post.  My mistake.

Jim

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 06:58:48 AM »

Jim

9-11 has nothing to do with the war in Iraq. It was in the planning before 9-11. What is wrong with you people!!!!! wake up to reality.

What is wrong with them? It's called christian dishonesty and masquerades in many different forms. Of course 9-11 had nothing to do with why we invaded Iraq, but some people are just plain dishonest. Not only with others, but also with themselves.

Philly Dawg

• Thinking Christians
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 07:43:51 AM »
We know the present administration has made a mess of things over there with poor planning. I think even republicans are admitting that now that the election is over.

We're seeing this more and more every day. Just yesterday the Republican congressman from North Carolina, who supported the invasion of Iraq, now curiously agrees with me that we have gotten into a bottomless pit (like Vietnam), and it's time to think about cutting our loses and pulling out. He also said he doesn't think "now" that there was any good reason to go into Iraq. Well color me surprised.  ;)  It's funny how they all denied this when I was saying that before the election, now after it's over they are all starting to say the same things I said right here in this forum. How many people will say, "you're wrong Philly," now? Only the same morons who blindly back anything Republican.

And you want to know why I call these alleged christians, hypocrites and dishonest people who park their brains at the dooir of the white house? No one is saying what a great move it was to democratize Iraq now, are they? No one's talking about the wonderful people who will welcome Americans in Iraq now, are they? No one is saying what a good idea it was to take Saddam's foot of the neck of the Isamic fundamentalist nuts now, are they? How's america going to like another Islamic state in the middle east because of Bush's stupidity?

All you have is a few die hards talking irrationally about attrition, and about how we went to war because Islam was Satanic, but few are attempting to pull the wool over americans eyes anymore telling them the war is going well or it was well thought out. Even FOX (The Republican mouthpiece Network) is starting to question. When that happens, you know it's worse than we're being told.

I hate saying I told you so, but what is the alternative?

Now just wait until Bush starts gutting SSI and privatizing it to make Wall Street Brokers richer while taking the money that retirees alreadsy put in it, and basically leaving them high and dry. I wonder if those old folks will regret voting Bush back in before it's all over. The bottom line is, people get what they deserve.

Baerchild

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 01:23:29 PM »
Philly Dawg,

Re: "...and about how we went to war because Islam was Satanic...."
=
As far as I know, "we went to war because Islam was Satanic" has never been put forth as a reason for removing Saddam...can you provide a link or just a name and quote of anyone who made that statement?

If you can not, should we assume that you are not telling the truth?

Re: "The bottom line is, people get what they deserve."

Ahhh, wrong again.  By the Grace of God, not everyone will "get what they deserve"...have you ever heard of The Doctrine of Election?  This may be a bit difficult for you to answer because it has nothing to do with our November elections.

Why are you so angry?  Haven't you read that we live in a sin cursed world?  What do you expect, heaven on earth before Judgement Day?  Get a clue!

Jim

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2005, 02:40:52 PM »

We're seeing this more and more every day. Just yesterday the Republican congressman from North Carolina, who supported the invasion of Iraq, now curiously agrees with me that we have gotten into a bottomless pit (like Vietnam), and it's time to think about cutting our loses and pulling out. He also said he doesn't think "now" that there was any good reason to go into Iraq.

I hate saying I told you so, but what is the alternative?

Philly Dawg,

I'm almost ready to say that you were right, but not just yet. I did hear today on the news that the hunt for weapons of mass destruction is officially ending today. So, that much must be confessed. We can say you were right that it would end without finding any WMD. Yes, some of us were wrong and you were right. I'm not yet eady to say you were right about the war turning into a quagmire. But I'm no longer saying that you are wrong about it either. It's a frustrating issue.

Philly, you make some good points. But I think that you overdo it with the same rhetoric that you accuse others of having sometimes. Are republicans hypocrites? Yes, but so are democrats. Are there some people here who blind themselves to the truth and choose to distract from the incompetence in waging this war? Yes. But on the other hand, you seem to want people to grovel, pat you on the back, and admit you were right. Isn't that the sin of pride? Aren't you looking for glory also? So no one is perfect, not even you. Let's just pray they can get our soldiers out of that country soon. Mistakes were made, let's move on.

Reformer

• Affiliate Member
  • Reformed and Evangelical
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2005, 03:00:53 PM »
Philly Dawg,

Re: "...and about how we went to war because Islam was Satanic...."
=
As far as I know, "we went to war because Islam was Satanic" has never been put forth as a reason for removing Saddam...can you provide a link or just a name and quote of anyone who made that statement?

Jim

Sorry Jim,
 The reason for removing Saddam was because he allegedly had WMD. Ironically, today the hunt for WMD was called off, which is an admission that there were none.

I think if anyone got that idea about Islam it was because of your confusing and unfinished posts. You seem to have a strong inclination to confusing people by not fully explaining what you are saying. So some of the responsibility should lie at your own feet. Why are you even asking about Islam being Satanic in a thread about why we went to war with Iraq if you aren't at least implying it? I'm just trying to be fair.  I think even some of the more intelligent Christians here on other threads have had to ask you to explain yourself or have misunderstood what you were saying because you don't come out and "plainly" say what you mean. I'm not justifying Philly Dawg, I'm just making an observation, because frankly I myself can't figure out where you are going with this "Is Islam Satanic" question. Is there a point to it, and why does someone have to ask you what it is? Don't you see that's added to the confusion?

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]