[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]

Author Topic: How the Republicans Sold Your Privacy to Internet Providers  (Read 1214 times)

Jason

How the Republicans Sold Your Privacy to Internet Providers
« on: March 30, 2017, 07:13:49 PM »

I thought Republicans were conservative and so opposed to anti privacy laws?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/29/opinion/how-the-republicans-sold-your-privacy-to-internet-providers.html?_r=0

This is crazy! Why?

Clifford Grodin

• Obviously I'm a Novice
Re: How the Republicans Sold Your Privacy to Internet Providers
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 10:24:25 PM »

Yeah, this slips under the radar while we all bicker about stupid things and name calling. You're not the only one who wonders why the Republicans would do this.  Any ideas?

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 06:34:08 AM »

Yeah, this slips under the radar while we all bicker about stupid things and name calling. You're not the only one who wonders why the Republicans would do this.  Any ideas?

Yeah. They don't need a reason, they will do anything for big business and ultimately themselves to prosper financially. That's why they did it. They've been bought and paid for. The company's make money, the company's give them money,  and no one suffers but the consumer. And they don't care about you.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Hammerle Labinowic

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 03:17:28 PM »
I will guarantee you that the Trump fanatics will claim it's a good thing, somehow someway, it's always for the better, no matter if it is or not. The very definition of cult.

Get ready for another cold war.

Lieberman

• I'm a Llama
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 11:30:57 PM »

You are so right. Can you imagine the firestorm there would be if the Democrats would have passed this bill? You'd never hear the end of how Obama and the liberals are taking away our rights and violating their privacy. But of course, the Republicans did it so you don't hear a peep. Unbelievable!

Admin

• Administrator
  • Me Boss, You Not!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 11:05:13 AM »
Stay on topic folks. Thanks.

Philly Dawg

• Gold Member
  • Thinking Christians
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 05:03:33 PM »

Money of course. It's not a mystery.
  Kellyanne Conway: Sometimes Trump Lies Because
 He Doesn't Know the Truth, Okay?

Dan

• Dan the Man
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 07:48:58 PM »
Trump's great for America. We don't need these regulations against business. They'll be fair to you if you allow them to make honest profit. Trump's doing a great job and your jealousy isn't going to stop him, or Christians from supporting him.

Melanie

• Gold Member
  • 🌴"But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. -Psalm 52:8"
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2018, 04:32:05 AM »
We don't need these regulations against business. They'll be fair to you if you allow them to make honest profit.

)smileyBounce( :D )smileyBounce( ;D )smileyBounce( :D )smileyBounce( ;D What world do you live in where this is true? The words business and fair usually don't go together.

In 2 to 3 years you'll be regretting your support for anti net neutrality regulation. Probably blaming the whole thing on Democrats. Ignorance is bliss.

Herman Stowe

• SBC
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 07:44:45 PM »
We don't need these regulations against business. They'll be fair to you if you allow them to make honest profit.

)smileyBounce( :D )smileyBounce( ;D )smileyBounce( :D )smileyBounce( ;D What world do you live in where this is true? The words business and fair usually don't go together.

)Goodpoint(  If left up to business people would still be working in coal mines with coal gas and black lung, wall street would be still be ripping off investors savings, and we'd be drinking water laced with lead. Trump apologists say some of the most ignorant things I've ever heard. It's like they've gone brain dead. And before my post gets deleted, I'm not referring to anyone here. I'm talking about the idolizing Trump supporters in general.

Net neutrality is something we all should support to keep this country out of the hands of big business.

Walt Lee

• Obviously I'm a Novice
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2018, 08:24:16 AM »
Believe it or not, Verizon has already started throttling Netflix streaming So if you have Verizon, and are wondering why your Netflix steaming movies are always reloading, buffering or lagging while other streaming services (like Vudu, Hulu, Amazon, etc.) on the same Verizon network do not, Netflix is being throttled because they won't pay the $20.00 extortion fee to Verizon.  It's bound to get worse as these money grubbing companies increase their throttling of streams going to non-business customers. And you have the Republican congress to thank for the anti net neutrality deregulation which makes it now legal to do so. People are so stupid to believe these companies. I'm switching from Verizon, but I'm sure all the companies will be doing the same thing before long.

Stephanie

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 04:25:45 PM »

Red alert for net neutrality!

https://www.change.org/p/11735314/u/22728549?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_campaign=324923

MAY 9, 2018 — The Senate is about to vote on a resolution to save net neutrality. Starting today, and carrying through until the vote, the Internet will “go red” to raise awareness and ensure lawmakers hear from their constituents (that's you!).

Stephanie

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 10:06:47 AM »

Petition Update
Net neutrality vote tomorrow.

According to Senator Ed Markey, who introduced the bill that would overrule the FCC and save net neutrality, the Senate will be voting tomorrow and only one more vote is needed. Right now, making a phone call is the most important action you can take and our partners at Battle for the Net make it easy. Just go here to make your call: http://bit.ly/callforthenet The Congressional Review Act...

https://www.change.org/p/11735314/u/22750667?utm_medium=email&utm_source=petition_update&utm_campaign=330609&sfmc_tk=G0Mzq8OnU6qdEx%2bnXv1QW0eDTOuN1z8CHcdcb8WF9eioQQdt5euGR4d5RBV2os7J&j=330609&sfmc_sub=562686586&l=32_HTML&u=59197350&mid=7259882&jb=2311

Stephanie

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 03:08:14 PM »

The U.S. Senate recently passed a resolution to overturn the FCC's decision and save net neutrality. However, this fight isn't over. The Congressional Review Act resolution now must be passed by the House of Representatives. Sign the petition to save net neutrality.

https://www.change.org/p/pass-the-cra-save-net-neutrality

[ Home | Eschatology | Bible Studies | Classics | Articles | Sermons | Apologetics | Search | F.A.Q. ]